"pcif found on com 1" message from suunto dive manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jamiei

Reaction score
anyone every heard of or experienced this message? I had someone contact about this and I had never heard of anyone getting this message. It was displayed before the "interface not found" message during the interface setup test. The person was using windows xp pro. My first guess was a conflict somewhere with another device and/or software.

Any ideas?

Believe it or not, I got a similar message last night when I tried DL'ing some dives. My message was "pcif found on 0." After clicking OK, it said "The SUUNTO PC Interface was not found on any of the com ports." I'm using Win XP Home. It worked fine before last night, but I went to Suunto's website to see if they had a new version of their software out (Which they do), and I downloaded it. Once I installed it, I got that message. I was very upset to say the least. Was going to play with it some more before I contacted you about it (I have one of your D'L kits). Guess I'll try again to see if it will D/L anyways.

Tom

Well, I went ahead and tried it again. Did the test and it gave me that error message, but went ahead and tried the D/L and it worked. Guess it's just another software bug that needs to be fixed.

Tom

Funny thing i am sitting trying to do mine now and it is saying the same thing just d/l the software and still not working any ideas not found on any com ports and the same about pcif found on 0

8buck, go ahead and do the D/L anyways. It should work (it did for me, even though it didn't find it on any com port).

jamiei, I am using one of your D/L kits (complete - it was pre-built). I didn't have this problem until I downloaded the newest version of Suunto Divemanager (v1.51) 2 days ago.

Tom

8buck:
Funny thing i am sitting trying to do mine now and it is saying the same thing just d/l the software and still not working any ideas not found on any com ports and the same about pcif found on 0

I am having this same problem. I got the kit from Jamie a week or so ago, and I am still struggling with it.

I have Windows XP Pro, version 2002, service pack 1 running on a Toshiba Satellite Pro. (Suunto Divemanager V. 1.51)

Based on the FAQs regarding Palm conflicts, I uninstalled my "Microsoft Active Sync" which syncs my HP Jornada with Outlook. Still no luck.

I cannot figure out what might be using the Com Port - I am using the serial connection. I tried to run the interface anyway, and receive a "time out" error and nothing happens.

I don't know what to try now...

sapphire:
I am having this same problem. I got the kit from Jamie a week or so ago, and I am still struggling with it.

I have Windows XP Pro, version 2002, service pack 1 running on a Toshiba Satellite Pro. (Suunto Divemanager V. 1.51)

Based on the FAQs regarding Palm conflicts, I uninstalled my "Microsoft Active Sync" which syncs my HP Jornada with Outlook. Still no luck.

I cannot figure out what might be using the Com Port - I am using the serial connection. I tried to run the interface anyway, and receive a "time out" error and nothing happens.

I don't know what to try now...

Well, your problem could be a problem with the interface if you assembled it yourself. Have you done any tests? The thing is that you don't have to uninstall any software. It just can't be running and sometimes you'll have to go into the software's settings and make sure its not set to occupy the com ports. You have to verify that the com port is active and working as well, which might require you or someone qualified to do so take a look at the bios settings. Modems have even been found to sometimes be occupying the com port the interface is plugged to for one reason or another. I'd say your problem is with the interface since you say you have the DIY kit and that its timing out on you. Try downloading the older version if you can find it to see if it will recognize the interface. If it recogizes the interface then you know that the problem is between the contacts and the circuit board somewhere. Some people just have trouble building the kits. If so, the best bet is to send it back to me. It can be quite a headache if you don't know what to look for.

The problem with the newest version of divemanager seems to affect just about everybody whether using suunto's interface or otherwise. I don't have the problem because I can't see any benefit to me of using the newer software and so I still use the 4.0? version. It's obviously a new bug because pcif found on com x obviously means pc interface found on com x... so it is finding it, theres just a bug

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom