Paypal hates me now

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're referencing my purchase of the too-good-to-true PLB at too-cheap prices, nope. I used Visa for that, then disputed it much easier than another poster who disputed his Paypal purchase of the same scam.
PayPal fully refunded my purchase of the more expensive PLB in this scam. Still waiting for resolution from PayPal of the cheaper PLB I ordered.

a mythological air spirit?

PayPal fully refunded my purchase of the more expensive PLB in this scam. Still waiting for resolution from PayPal of the cheaper PLB I ordered.
Why was the more expensive PLB refunded? Was that one at regular prices that you ordered but never received? I am not familiar with that story.

Why was the more expensive PLB refunded? Was that one at regular prices that you ordered but never received? I am not familiar with that story.

I ordered one of each (with and without display) , at the same time, but in two successive orders.
I got an order confirmation and a shipping notice on the more expensive one (with display), and it was "shipped" first, but what I got was three cloth masks. That one has now been 100% refunded by PayPal.
The cheaper PLB took a while to ship, and I never got any order confirmation or shipping notice. My complaint to PayPal was that I never got sent anything. Since then, I received the infamous three cloth masks, but there is no way to amend the complaint. They say that on Aug 1 I'll get a response, and at that time I'll explain that the masks were received instead of the PLB I ordered.

The more expensive one -- the one that has since been refunded -- ended up as being sent/refunded by a "ZhiGang Zhou" using a PayPal address of mariahensley3267@gmail.com.
The other unit -- still in contention -- was with a Bin Long" to theodorakennedy77@gmail.com.

Anyone ever beat one of these...??

Don't feel too bad. About 2 years ago they declared me dead.

That was a surreal conversation.

Apparently it was impossible that I was alive since their system was infallible.

After MUCH arguing they finally escalated to someone who could investigate.

Turns out the muppet responsible for closing accounts for actually deceased people had fat fingered the entry and closed my account instead.

They refused to reactivate it but did let me create a new account under the same info.

I'm not sure if losing 15 years of customer history was a good thing or a bad thing.

With some effort you can get through to someone who can actually do something. But it's a fight.

With some effort you can get through to someone who can actually do something. But it's a fight.
I'd have to use a different phone number when I call. It recognizes mine and cuts me off.

The cheaper PLB took a while to ship, and I never got any order confirmation or shipping notice.
I noticed a new ACR PLB scam site offering the new 2921 model for $68.99 with free shipping. It uses a 42 BROCKTON,Massachusetts address and an Alabama phone number. The phone number is out of service while the house in Brockton looks nice, sold for $126,900 in 2009, whoever actually lives there.

a mythological air spirit?

Yeah, something like that -- those nameless, amorphous figures, who lack any and all accountability, whom you never get twice on the phone, when necessary; that one occasionally has to deal with in their lives. They may as well be tree spirits.

AT&T, for example, is sylphed-out; just attempt to cancel an account with them, and then try to convince me that the occult is not involved. . .

I'd have to use a different phone number when I call. It recognizes mine and cuts me off.

And that's why the only people who have my phone number for "2nd factor authentication" are my bank.

Back in the early days of paypal and eBay I was charged twice for the same transaction. Paypal declined to reverse the charges and suggested that I contact the seller for a refund. Ultimately, the seller did refund the money, and that was the end of the matter.

Occasionally I sell things for which eBay is the only effective market and then I'm stuck with paypal and eBay, and their fees, and their arbitrary and capricious decisions. Buying and selling on eBay used to be fun for me, but now it's not, and I am constantly raising my dollar threshold below which I'll just give things away to a thrift store rather than deal with ebay.

In the same light Facebook has become much more aggressive about blocking people so you have to be really careful about relying on it. Blocked accounts can't use messenger, so you better be sure you get phone numbers and email addresses for people you want to stay in touch with.

Weird.

Paypal did something similar with me, but temporarily. They made a big stink about my transferring some funds from my checking, into my Paypal account, out of simple convenience, for some online purchases. Couldn't access anything for a couple of days; froze that same Mastercard; cash remained in a pocket universe; and, after a half dozen calls, those sylphs finally claimed that it was some "new" Homeland Security issue; and that that transfer, of a nominal amount of money, less than five hundred dollars, if I recall, was somehow "suspicious."

About a week later, it was as if nothing had ever happened; no further explanation or communication; must have passed their litmus test. Haven't had that problem since . . .
WOW what are the odds that it is not you but the other guy in your transaction with suspicious deals. Guilt by association so to speek until they figure out who you are. IE billy bob is a highly suspected drug runner. you buy something form him like a 2000$ lathe for 450 american. could be a drug payment who knows. billy bob uses pay pal and ebay to make fake sales to launder funds. Billy bob never sends the item because it is a front. LIKE DISCOUNTED SOFTWARE IF WITH A COMPUTER SO YOU GET A OPERATING SYSTEM WITH A BROKE USB MEM STICK. The issue is that everyone that is associated with billy bob may have had that happen to them also. After no further connection with that seller you get restored. I know for fact that such tracking tools are used.

... I know for fact that such tracking tools are used.

There's always gag orders, too: if this is part of a LE op, PayPal may have a legal writ prohibiting them from telling you squat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom