Paul Watson (Sea Shepherd) needs to man up!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Logic aside whales are very cool and it's very uncool to eat them or wipe them on your private parts to make up for a lack of marital skills.

The IWC is about as honest as any government agency. They want to allow Japan to continue? Simply inflate the numbers. And who's giving the numbers anyway? Japan is the one doing the most "research." :rofl3:

Somebody asked. It appears I'm the only one who looked anywhere.

:rofl3:

Did you really just use that to justify whaling?! One of the funniest posts I've ever seen! If you're worried about harm to fish stocks, let us fight the whalers and you can fight the fishermen. :wink:

Guess you failed to read my follow up to this... and conveniently ignored all the other issues I raised that are problematic in your viewpoint.

Logic aside whales are very cool and it's very uncool to eat them or wipe them on your private parts to make up for a lack of marital skills.

You know what I think is uncool? Eating any seafood...

:rofl3:

Did you really just use that to justify whaling?! One of the funniest posts I've ever seen! If you're worried about harm to fish stocks, let us fight the whalers and you can fight the fishermen. :wink:

Guess you failed to read my follow up to this... and conveniently ignored all the other issues I raised that are problematic in your viewpoint.

Sorry, where did you raise any valid issues?

Sorry, where did you raise any valid issues?

It's legal.

Not all whales are endangered.

It's hypocritical to be against whaling for environmental reasons if you consume other forms of animal products. ESPECIALLY anybody here that eats seafood.

There is no humane way to kill a whale. They greatly suffer. It is not instantaneous, but
can take 25 minutes or more. This would not be acceptable in factory farms so I don't know
why it is acceptable with whales.
Personally, I don't trust the figures regarding Minke whales. Some of those figures come from the
Japanese. Kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Humpbacks and fin whales are endangered and protected species. I can't swim with a humpback but they can harpoon them.

There is no humane way to kill a whale. They greatly suffer. It is not instantaneous, but
can take 25 minutes or more. This would not be acceptable in factory farms so I don't know

Depends on the skill of the harpoonist as to how long they take to die.

Lots of animals that the West eats are killed in horrible ways or farmed in horrible ways.

why it is acceptable with whales.
Personally, I don't trust the figures regarding Minke whales. Some of those figures come from the
Japanese. Kind of like the fox guarding the hen house. Humpbacks and fin whales are endangered and protected species. I can't swim with a humpback but they can harpoon them.

Yes I don't think any endangered species should be hunted.

Seeing footage of factory farms turned me into a vegetarian. I'm not vegan
yet. Still working on finding decent replacements for dairy and protein. It's hard
finding stuff that is good. No more seafood either. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom