Passenger Bill of Rights for air travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

webhead:
I like that idea. Image watching the cable news and seeing a picture box in the corner of a plane sitting on the airplane w/ a clock under it reading "time on board 6:13". They could run it all day w/ close ups of the people on board looking out the windows, holding up signs saying "tell my wife I'm ok" and "remember me". :coffee:
or you could log on to scubaboard with your laptop (while onboard), and start a thread about it.

Finally someone is taking the airlines to task for there callousness and if happens to be congress well then taxpayer money well spent

howarde:
or you could log on to scubaboard with your laptop (while onboard), and start a thread about it.
Nope, out of range - and my battery is not that great either.

DandyDon:
Nope, out of range - and my battery is not that great either.

This is always in range :wink:
3fd5_1.JPG

(my wife has one of these)

I have this for a phone
84_1.JPG

We always have internet (and 5-7 hours of battery life on the laptops). We're modern business travelers.

Diver Dennis:
I fly a lot from Canada to and around Asia ad never have had to wait on a plane for more than 20 or 30 minutes, even in busy airports like Hong Kong. We have waited in the terminal for hours though. I wonder if the US has different policies?

No, we just have more sensational news coverage. :wink:

Oh, and lots of us like to pass laws to help stamp out life's inconveniences, real or perceived, large and small.

So what next? A bill of rights for restaurants, emergency rooms, long lines at the super market. If you don't like the service someone is providing, don't patronize them.

dlndavid:
So what next? A bill of rights for restaurants, emergency rooms, long lines at the super market. If you don't like the service someone is providing, don't patronize them.
Good point. We should pass legislation that says, if there's more than 3 people in line at the checkout, that the store MUST open another register... If they don't have one... they should have to put one in.

Also - this will mean police enforcement of the 15 items or less at the express line.

:popcorn:

Sounds like it would be time for a good old fashioned emergency...chest pain, psychiatric, whatever. I can flat out gaurantee you there is no way I would sit there more than 2 hours.

Part of the problem, is that people have gotten too compliant. There is a rule?
If it is unreasonable, consider not following it.

Reminds me of when they tried to take my baby away in the hospital. (she was in my bed) I said no. They said "it's against the rules" and I said "too bad". Just tell them whatever you need to to get off the plane. You are in charge of yourself. Would I lie in the face of absurdity? yes. When you are getting ready to break the rules, consider the consequences first and be smart about how you do it.

I'm sorry but legislation is not the answer here. We do not need to create a law for everything under the sun, where does it stop? That doesn't mean I claim to have the answer but if you take this to congress you'll get another bill that probably isn't properly thought out and they'll find another way to attach their pet project to it costing us tax payers even more money. Now I am not saying what happened to these passengers was right, but how often does this happen? I can guarantee you Jet Blue is trying to make sure it doesn't happen again as they don't want any more bad publicity. That being said what makes you so certain this is the fault of Jet Blue anyway? I don't claim to know how all this works but I'd bet ground control and the airport decide which gates you can and cannot taxi to and they are probably the ones giving such permission. This same thing happened to me about 4 years ago coming back from Mexico and landing in DFW. The only difference is my pilot pulled into a terminal without authorization after only a little more than an hour. I know it was without authorization as the ground crews were trying to stop us from pulling in and wouldn't move the walkway over to the airplane. They eventually did another 10 minutes later and we all got off. There were some rather heated words exchanged between our pilot and some official. Since our pilot was Mexican he was probably much more willing to break the rules here where than an American pilot as there probably isn't a whole lot they can do to him.

Back
Top Bottom