Parts for SCUBAPRO MK10 / D400 / G200B

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kb2ehj

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering about part availability for the regulators in the title.

I'm sure the D400 parts are still avail. but more curious about the MK10 and G200B

Thank

You cant still get them, for the Mk 10 and D400 for sure Ive worked on both recently, the mk 1-uses many common parts that can be pulled from many parts kits. I am sure you could get a g200b back to working order the same way

JUMBO

200B is same kit as S600, 250, 550, No problems

I've got a MK10/G200 and never a problem getting them serviced.

Scubapro still fully supports the Mk 10 and annual service kits are stocked by virtually every SP dealer as the reg was made for over a decade and is still extremely common. There is no need to pull parts from many other kits.

Scubapro also tends to standardize parts within second stage classes and tends to make any improvements retrofittable into older designs. This means that the G200B uses the same poppet assembly and annual service kit as the Balanced Adjustable, G250, G250HP, G500, S550, and S600. and that older Balanced Adjustables, G250's and G200B's are in effect "upgraded" with the new poppet at annual service.

The new S-wing poppet required a new balanced chamber in many of these second stages and Scubapro included this in the annual service kit up until very recently. If the reg was properly serviced in the last few years, it should have the new balance chamber. If not, one will need to be installed and may need to be ordered if the delaer does not stock them. But the cost is about $1.00 and the part is still available and is a current and standard S550 part.

Scuabpro uses the same service kit for the Air 1, D300, D350 and D400 and still fully supports all of them except the Air 1 either through direct parts replacement or through the ability to upgrade D300's and D350's to D400 status.

The D400 is still fully supported, the problem is finding a tech who understands them and is both willing and able to get peak performance from one as they are different to adjust than a normal second stage. When properly tuned the D400 is, in my opinion, the best second stage ever made in that it is unmatched with it's combination of raw performance, low inhalation effort and natural feel.

If you are looking at buying a used MK 10D400/G200B be advised that a reg with a current service and operational history is preferrable to one that has been used and abused. There are some parts on them that can be expensive to replace. In the case of the D400, the older ones used a one piece aspirator body and a metal orifce that offerred superb performance. But if the orifice is damaged, it's about a $50 part to replace it and you will get the newer 2 piece part with the plastic orifice that offers still excellent but less superb performance. With the Mk 10, the piston sits inside the first stage body which forms the ambient chamber so any corrosion in the ambient chamber that effects the area where the piston ring seals requires replacement of the first stage body which is again not cheap. With the older Mk 5 and newer Mk 15,20 and 25, Scubapro used a shorter main body and separate swivel cap to make it easier and cheaper to deal with any corrosion that may occur.

Also, if you are bidding on a D400, be aware that their exeptional perfromance produces some rabid fans and they often go for a lot more than they are objectively worth, especially if you are bidding against a recent convert who is trying to stock up on them. Unless it were new or minty looking and very little used, I probably would not pay more than $125-$150 for a Mk 10/D400/G200B and then only if the seller could confirm a fresh annual service.

Thanks folks. I didn't think it would be a problem but just wanted to make sure.
Mark

Thanks DA Aquamaster,

I got a Mk10/D400 on ebay for $117.00 + S/H and a G200 for $71.00. Both from different people.

Pictures that were supplied looked like they were both kept in good shape. Of course with "annual via photoshop" anything can look new LOL.

I agree with your comment on the D400, I used one I think last year from the LDS's rental fleet and I loved it!! Very easy breathing.

Again thank you for your report.

Mark

Wow, must be a popular setup…I too have the same setup (check out picture below), and it was just serviced. No problems with parts at all…saving this setup as my warm water rig for next year! No need to ever upgrade to something new with a rig like this…have fun and enjoy!

Cool,

I think that is how mine is going to be, MK10/D400 and the G200B as one unit. Only difference is I'll be putting my Genesis ReAct on it for the gauges.

I might also just go get a spare SP AIR2 hose and hook it in instead of using the G200B, so that I can use it on my current BC.

kb2ehj:
Cool,

I think that is how mine is going to be, MK10/D400 and the G200B as one unit. Only difference is I'll be putting my Genesis ReAct on it for the gauges.

I might also just go get a spare SP AIR2 hose and hook it in instead of using the G200B, so that I can use it on my current BC.

Sounds like a good idea...my computer is clipped to my BC on a retractor. I also have an AIR2 and use it once in awhile. I have thought about using an OCTO and AIR2 together since I have both. I figure at lease in an emergency most people would be familiar with one of these rigs…so why not have both?

Back
Top Bottom