Parts for my Aquadyne AH2 helmet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmeb76

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I'm rebuilding an old Aquadyne AH2 dive helmet. It will be a pool hat only, not a working hat. I have had to machine/fabricate some of the old/missing parts myself out of stainless, but need help finding the rubber or laytex diaphragms for the exhaust valve. The only other thing I need is the neoprene for the neck dam, which I can probably have made somewhere. Does anyone know of a place in the states that might still carry replacement parts for these old airhats?

Thanks,

Aquadyne incorporated other manufactures items into their helmets, for example the DMC-7 helmet had a Scubapro R109 second stage built into it. You may be able to research what parts of their helmets came from other manufactures and find your parts that way. You may also be able to find parts through Divex, they purchased some of the Aquadyne lines when Aquadyne went out of business. The diaphragms should be a standard size so you could probably get them from your LDS. The neck dam you will probably have to make yourself though. As for US suppliers you could try either Mar-Vel Underwater Equipment or Amron International.

Last edited:
I had some luck in my search. Turns out the gentlemen that actually built the hats are still around, still operating under the General Aquadyne name, and still have parts on the shelf. They have two shops, one in Santa Barbara CA, and one in St Louis MO. They are off the grid though, no website, no facebook, no advertising, and seemed tickled that I called them looking for parts. They were happy to help and said if they didn't have the parts on the shelf, they would build them. Seemed like very nice guys on the phone. They are in the yellow pages.

I had no idea they were still around. What type of helmets are they still making?

Don't know that they are making helmets... only that they still carry parts for the old Air Hats, and could still builds parts if needed. Not sure what other kinds of products they might have. I can't wait to get down to Stl, I would love to see what they have.

Back
Top Bottom