Partial pressure blending on Oahu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sloth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just got a set of doubles O2 cleaned and I'm not going to be able to easily get them filled at Hickam (IDH).

Does anyone know of anyone else that does partial pressure fills?

I don't think there is anyplace on the island that does Trimix, other than IDH. There are a few places sprinkled around that do Nitrox though.

I'm not looking for trimix just yet. What I'm worried about is if I take my tanks to some place that does continous flow or banks nitrox corrupting my O2 cleaning thus not allowing me to get them filled at IDH.

I need to find another option other then IDH becuase I think Jo is going to get tired of dragging my tanks back and forth from Hickam to Hawaii Kai for when I go diving with him. :)

On another note, is there a way to get a renewable pass at Hickam? That would solve all my problems.

my garage (for select people, consider yourself select :))? BTW I got my card today...but am a little unclear on how to decipher rec vs tech.

Skills dive this weekend? How about it Tom? I mean if I can convince my wife to let me go diving every weekend, even when I flood her favorite camera...how hard can it be to come out diving with us ones :)

they do ppb @ mahi divers in Waianae also but they charge by the foot based on a complete fill so neadless to say it can get expensive for doubles and decos but whats a couple hundred for a fill anyway 8)

my garage (for select people, consider yourself select :))? BTW I got my card today...but am a little unclear on how to decipher rec vs tech.

Skills dive this weekend? How about it Tom? I mean if I can convince my wife to let me go diving every weekend, even when I flood her favorite camera...how hard can it be to come out diving with us ones :)

I'll be back on the Sea Tiger with Joe and his wreck class again on Saturday if you want to join us there and if I can get fills *cough* *Sherm* *cough* then I'm up for whatever if Sunday is better for you guys.

I would like to do a shore dive sometime soon so I can dust off my drysuit and see if I can remember how to dive one. It is crushed neoprene so I am going to eventually die in it though.

Thanks for offering use of your fill facilitates (aka your garage) you may come to regret offering though :D - I'll of course help out on the cost of O2, filters, time and whatever.

they do ppb @ mahi divers in Waianae also but they charge by the foot based on a complete fill so neadless to say it can get expensive for doubles and decos but whats a couple hundred for a fill anyway 8)

I'll keep them in mind if scubaanddreams fill station offers crappy customer service, sounds like it might cost a little more to go there though :D

Good thing I had the blue pin striping removed from my all black TLS 350, that way I won't "die" :)

Good thing I had the blue pin striping removed from my all black TLS 350, that way I won;t "die" :)

Smart move. I've been worring about my steel clips and D-rings. Do you think I could get them powder coated black?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom