Papoose and Spar on Captain's Lady May 19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eastbayfe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Started the season with the good luck of great conditions. Went out on Captains Lady with the first dive on the Papoose. Great vis of approx 60' or more with water temps at 70. Best visibility I've ever had on this wreck. Poked around inside the hull break and swam the aft stern section. Always a favorite wreck to explore. I noticed a number of really plump lion fish ready for the taking for the upcoming tournament. Next stop was the popular Spar wreck. Temps were a cool 68 with minimal current. Viz was great as well but the main attraction was the number of sand tigers off both sides of the bow section. I started to count but gave up. Some of these were the largest I've seen. My dive buddy got some great close up shots near the sand. Most were swiimming low not far off of the bottom. Lots of familiar dive boats at the scene since conditions have been good here.

Back
Top Bottom