Avalon and landing craft wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Merry wanted to get more wide angle shots of the Avalon wreck, and after finding three sheepcrabs on the landing craft last weekend, I wanted to try getting closeups of them with a fisheye lens. We picked a good day for it.

The surface water over the Avalon was its usual green, but at thirty feet we could clearly see the chain and anchor on the bottom at seventy-six feet. Horizontal visibility was about forty feet on the bottom. The fish that were hiding last week were cruising along the crane at the stern and even the bow section. We're not used to diving in such great conditions, but we'll take it gladly.

I only found one sheepcrab on the landing craft, but it was actively crawling along the sand, allowing me to intrude on its space with my dome port. Temperatures have warmed up to 55°.

Photos at Avalon and Landing Craft wrecks

Merry wanted to get more wide angle shots of the Avalon wreck, and after finding three sheepcrabs on the landing craft last weekend, I wanted to try getting closeups of them with a fisheye lens. We picked a good day for it.

The surface water over the Avalon was its usual green, but at thirty feet we could clearly see the chain and anchor on the bottom at seventy-six feet. Horizontal visibility was about forty feet on the bottom. The fish that were hiding last week were cruising along the crane at the stern and even the bow section. We're not used to diving in such great conditions, but we'll take it gladly.

I only found one sheepcrab on the landing craft, but it was actively crawling along the sand, allowing me to intrude on its space with my dome port. Temperatures have warmed up to 58°.

Photos at Avalon and Landing Craft wrecks
Nice shots, You guys never disappoint

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom