Panay Explorers Reef Dome Project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOLOLOL.....we are having so much fun with this project! It is almost out of control!!! We are filling up the backyard of our house property with domes and my wife is wondering where we'll put the next batch! I figure we'll just start putting them on the sidewalk. We can't stop!! It is addictive. Everyone that sees them wants to make one. I am tired of taking surface pix. We'll start taking "in the water" pix soon. Our guys are going to start placing them after the New Year.

....now I have to figure out how the heck we are going to move the rascals!!! YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO MAKE THESE THINGS....IT IS TOO FUN!!!!

aren't you going with the drum-raft idea? i think that's an excellent and inexpensive one (relatively)...

then either roll them into the water (we're assuming it won't destroy/kill anyone/anything on the way down), then manhandle them into place underwater (like what we did in calatagan)...

or do a crude pulley system since your domes are filled with holes anyway... just some thick hemp or nylon rope and some good old fashioned elbow grease...

in a way you're right babyd, it is fun! i'm having fun coming up with ways to make your project better - call it my contribution to your cause until i can be in the area to manhandle domes in person...

Jag

The in-water part is easy....it is moving them the 800m from my house to the water that is the problem!!! I need a flat bed truck, or a bunch of cargo trikes, or a helicopter!!

it is moving them the 800m from my house to the water that is the problem!!! I need a flat bed truck, or a bunch of cargo trikes, or a helicopter!!
i remember mentioning something about school children earlier hahahahahaha

Jag

:rofl3: :rofl3:

Panay Explorers Reef Dome Project And Mangrove Tree Planting

A bit of an update.....
We have reef domes ready to hit the water. We're waiting on wave conditions to settle down a bit.
We have also planted 150 mangrove trees on our wetlands portion of our property. It was really easy and the guys had fun figuring out the male and female trees....go figure! It was a busy day for us and we'll hit it again tomorrow. We are hoping for some calm water so we can get these reef domes deployed!!!

planting mangrove trees.JPG

reef domes ready to go.JPG

We did discover that the larger seedlings do not require a planting pot or support structure. We still plan to use our baby reef domes in the future if necessary for mangrove trees or the "crown" of the reef domes.

Very great work there babydamulag and panay explorers people. I like your pictures and writings. Our group would like to send you money to make for our group. We think if you have our 50,000 pesos you would make special for our group. Is that working for you? Send me a message to here and I will get the information.
Some of my attorney friends said you teach the Phaidon Resort people divers. Is this a truth? Your training center is teaching another training center? We are confused on this story.

Hi BD,
You were saying that you were thinking of using domes for Mangrove Protectors!
We did the same here by casting the domes with no base or top or which ever way you look at it, anyway, we just had a concrete ring! It kind of worked but we have to do it again to refine our method!
Nothing wrong with trying! You are doing a great job so far!
Happy new year to you and your group!

Yeah, we tried using the dome....NO GOOD.....we did use a couple of rings. They seem to be okay. Our seedling are about 1/2 meter tall. I need to come with an upside down flower pot design. We'll see. I have divers Wednesday, so I'll something else after that. Happy New Year to your team as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom