Panama City This summer-Where to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ana:
The previous posts painted a very accurate picture of diving in PC.

This place has wonderful dive sites with the worse dive operators of the planet. Not that I care anymore, but there is potential for hope. Dive Locker is about to receive a pretty nice dive vessel. Suposedly they are going to run the operation the way it should be done. You know, radical stuff: leaving at the time they are scheduled to leave, not cancelling the trip at 30 minuters after departure time, because the jack#@sses who reserve spots are hangover and won't show up.

I now have the best dive boat in the world so I don't care, but for whoever wants to enjoy the friggid waters of the northern gulf there may still be a chance.
I have good experience with Dive Locker, using the Bottom Time boat. Captain went wherever we wanted.

jviehe:
Yeah, I just meant he (killfish) doesnt schedule charters you can hop on. You have to arrange something. I think he is more a fishing charter, than diving. Small boat too. Heard good things otherwise.

yep. definately not a walk on boat. you pretty much have to gather your own group of divers and make your own charter.

There is also Capital City Dive Charters out of Carabelle. More of a spearfishing boat, but many of my scuba club have gone out when him. He has a huge boat, but only runs 6 divers. Heated interior and everything.

That was the other boat I couldn't think of with the Newton boat. Huge boat for 6 divers.

PCB has changed - Not the same place 10 yr ago (Sad)
it was a great place to dive from the jetties to the wrecks.

I agree the dive charters have decreased their service and willingness to please the paying coustomer. I still go there from time to time but i don't like shelling out the bucks to dive the same spots everytime that's why i often find myself diving the jetties, it my be the same spot but it only cost me $5 to get a whole car load of divers in.
And now that my two daughters just got their Jr. OW cert. (ages 10 & 12).
I feel more comfortably diving the jetties with them.

Journey On,
scubacoots3

Fish_Whisperer:
The Black Bart was a relaxing dive, the first time. The second time, it's a little too relaxing. The third time, it's just B O R I N G.

Actually if you spread it out a little,over a couple years, it's not that boring.

The problem is in PCB, the charters will take you there three days in a row, which is likely possible to what Frank's talking about. now that's boring.

Well, I dove the Bart for one of my AOW dives, and then went back on a trip with my LDS and dove it again, and then dove it again, a short while later. It's not a bad dive, but yeah, I wish there were more variety offered. I really don't like diving Bridgespan 14 because I'm paranoid that I'm either going to bang my head on something, or get cut on something, especially when viz is bad.

It would be OK to dive those again but I would really rather see something new. So I'll inquire about an offshore 3 tank trip. I'll probably spend a 1/2 day at the jetties as well.

EuphoriaII:
It would be OK to dive those again but I would really rather see something new. So I'll inquire about an offshore 3 tank trip. I'll probably spend a 1/2 day at the jetties as well.

If you want another good shore dive, the Destin Jetties is a very nice dive and is only about an hour west of PCB.

The Navarre beach pier is a pretty sweet dive -- went there with sUprBugMaN and his friend last year after my car accident and hope to do it again this year sometime now that I'm fully recovered. However, you might find the stinging nettles like we did.

I don't dislike diving the Stages. They're a lot of fun. Stage II had a lot of triggerfish last time I was there, though, so... watch yourself. :)

Accokeek is really nice and clear, and I got to see dolphins very close up last time I was there.

Ive been on the Bart ten times, and still like diving it. I see something different every time. Of course, theres plenty else to see. Hundreds of wrecks out there. The new reef, Two Tugs was a pretty good dive.

http://northfloridadiver.net/media/pics/pc606.htm

IMAG0039.JPG

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom