Palm Beach dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love this thread as I'm spending a couple of days in this area with my kids in late August. I've been there a few times but it's been a while. It sounds like Boynton is a great spot for goliath groupers; that's one of the big draws for us choosing late August. Are there any other known hot spots for them or is it fairly random?

In my opinion, the Castor, in Boynton Beach, is the best spot for Goliath Grouper. I don't know your and your kids skills and experience. The Castor can be an advanced dive, it is reasonably deep, a little over 110 feet, and can have significant current. Some days it is quite benign. Underwater Explorers is the Castor King, other Boynton Harbor Marina operators go there too, I can vouch for Loggerhead and Starfish. Others like Splashdown, I'm sure they are fine. I don't know anything about Dolphin Sun.

Jupiter is the other prime location. I usually go with Jupiter Dive Center. They do very good GG dives and are a very good operation.

PM me with questions. If I was there during your visit I would have been glad to show you around. I will be there next week, and then not again until the middle two weeks of September.

Good diving, Craig

In my opinion, the Castor, in Boynton Beach, is the best spot for Goliath Grouper. I don't know your and your kids skills and experience. The Castor can be an advanced dive, it is reasonably deep, a little over 110 feet, and can have significant current. Some days it is quite benign. Underwater Explorers is the Castor King, other Boynton Harbor Marina operators go there too, I can vouch for Loggerhead and Starfish. Others like Splashdown, I'm sure they are fine. I don't know anything about Dolphin Sun.

Jupiter is the other prime location. I usually go with Jupiter Dive Center. They do very good GG dives and are a very good operation.

PM me with questions. If I was there during your visit I would have been glad to show you around. I will be there next week, and then not again until the middle two weeks of September.

Good diving, Craig

Thanks Craig. I'll have two kids of differing certification levels with me; not sure if we'll be able to do the Castor but maybe. Glad to hear good things about JDC, I've used them in the past and liked them. Fingers crossed for some great diving!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom