Palm Beach dive ops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're visiting friends in western Palm Beach County, PBI or Palm Beach International in West Palm Beach is an easy airport. Minutes from dive boats and your friends. From Northern CA, you might need to fly into Ft Lauderdale or Miami. Depending on traffic, those can be 60 minutes to three hours away (Miami Airport is about 70 miles from West Palm Beach and Ft Lauderdale Airport is about 55 miles). Traffic can be brutal during rush hour but isn't too bad at off peak times.

I'll look for a flight from Oakland, can't stand SFO.
I'll see what they offer.
I'll switch planes somewhere if I have to even at additional cost to be able to fly into WPB, I've heard Miami is totally no fun.

I'll look for a flight from Oakland, can't stand SFO.

Southwest airlines out of OAK to PBI with a stop in ATL can be done ~$350 RT and you get 2 free bags.

welcome to some GREAT diving.

check out Little Deeper Charters at Phil Foster Park. Great boat, great crew and a long time and knowledgeable operator in the area. you can't go wrong with them. Diving Palm Beach - Little Deeper Charters Tell Lynn that Paul Seldes sent you!

Also don't miss diving in Jupiter. Go with Stuart Scuba (www.stuartscuba.com) for the most experienced team in the area. Jupiter diving is spectacular! Call the shop at 772-600-8288 and also let them know that Paul Seldes sent you. You will not regret it!

I've been to Palm Beach a few times over the past 3 years and I've been using Pura Vida dive shop in Palm Beach. It's by Blue Heron Bridge which is perfect for any shore dives and I've done their boat dives once which I enjoyed as well.

With regards to flying in, I usually look for Fort Lauderdale since it's a direct flight and car rentals are cheaper (i.e. Direct flight plus 45 min drive to Palm Beach is shorter than a stop somewhere to get to Palm Beach Airport (shortest stop is 45 min which would be break even on time and anything longer it's just a longer trip).

I love this thread as I'm spending a couple of days in this area with my kids in late August. I've been there a few times but it's been a while. It sounds like Boynton is a great spot for goliath groupers; that's one of the big draws for us choosing late August. Are there any other known hot spots for them or is it fairly random?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom