Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquabluegreg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Palau Now Open - With Restrictions
Palau Aggressor II - Save $1000

Must Book July 21 to August 20, 2021
for
Travel Between September 12 to December 19, 2021

Book with us and I will offer an additional $250 discount.
res@liquiddivingadventures.com

upload_2021-7-21_9-12-13.jpeg

Palau Entry Requirements as of July 17, 2021
Effective Immediately, a commercial airline traveler needs only to present required documentation to the airline/airline representative for entry into the Republic of Palau.

• Pursuant to Republic of Palau Rules and Regulations for Isolation & Quarantine of Contagious Diseases and current Ministry of Health (MOH) Directives regarding COVID-19 measures, all international travelers entering the Republic of Palau are subject to the entry requirements listed below.
    • All travelers must provide valid proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with final dose received at least 14 days prior to arrival in Palau. Vaccine record must clearly show date(s) and number of dose(s) received as well as vaccine brand that is either US FDA or WHO approved or authorized for COVID-19.
    • Unvaccinated travelers under twelve (12) years of age may enter Palau and shall undergo the same requirements for vaccinated travelers.
    • Requests for vaccination requirement exemptions for age group 12-17 will be considered on a case by case basis. Requests must be emailed to shunrang.chin@palauhealth.org. Requests must be received 5 days prior to arrival to Palau.
    • All travelers are also required to provide valid negative PCR COVID-19 test results taken within three (3) days of departure to Palau or proof of COVID-19 recovery if previously infected with COVID-19. Children under three (3) years old are exempt from entry testing requirement.
    • All travelers must provide valid address and contact information in Palau.
    • All travelers must wear a face mask during their first five(5) days upon arrival and undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing on the fifth(5th) day after arrival.
    • Violation of any stated requirement shall be subject to a criminal fine of $500.00, up to one (1) year imprisonment in accordance with 34 PNC § 104, and subject to further quarantine or isolation conditions.
    • Visitors and non-residents must stay at a Pandemic Certified establishment during their first five(5) days upon arrival.
    • Note: Flights and ships carrying unvaccinated travelers may be considered for entry on a case-by-case basis by the Ministry of Health.

Does PA2 meet this requirement: “Visitors and non-residents must stay at a Pandemic Certified establishment during their first five (5) days”?

Dan, that was my first question to Andrew at Aggressor early this morning. I am guessing that if they are advertising the offer, they must meet the requirements but you never know with Aggressor. I'll let you know as soon as Andrew responds.

For those wondering if the Aggressor ships meet the July 17th Palau Requirements, here are resonses from Aggressor:

1) Requirement: All travelers must provide valid proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, with final dose received at least 14 days prior to arrival in Palau. Vaccine record must clearly show date(s) and number of dose(s) received as well as vaccine brand that is either US FDA or WHO approved or authorized for COVID-19.

AGGRESSOR: Yes, Aggressor is strictly enforcing this as well for Palau only. Same for the kid version, although that's not normally an issue for us in Palau.

2) Requirement: All travelers are also required to provide valid negative PCR COVID-19 test results taken within three (3) days of departure to Palau or proof of COVID-19 recovery if previously infected with COVID-19. Children under three (3) years old are exempt from entry testing requirement.

AGGRESSOR: Yes, although we aren't even recommending trying the recovery slip and are just going full "Get a negative test".

3) Requirement: All travelers must provide valid address and contact information in Palau.

AGGRESSOR: Address is Palau Aggressor, Contact Number is 775-3483.

4) Requirement: All travelers must wear a face mask during their first five(5) days upon arrival and undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing on the fifth(5th) day after arrival.

AGGRESSOR: Yup, itinerary was changed so that the 5th day of the trip we test everyone. So, everyone MUST arrive on Sunday.

5) Requirement: Violation of any stated requirement shall be subject to a criminal fine of $500.00, up to one (1) year imprisonment in accordance with 34 PNC § 104, and subject to further quarantine or isolation conditions.

AGGRESSOR: Yup, so no mesh masks or fake vaccine cards allowed. We are taking this very seriously and will not risk losing our license to operate in Palau because a guest doesn't like the rules.

6) Requirement: Visitors and non-residents must stay at a Pandemic Certified establishment during their first five(5) days upon arrival.

AGGRESSOR: Both yachts obtained this certification.

Do you have specifics on the itinerary change? Do they have to sail back to malakal harbor by day 5 to do the testing and does that mean losing a day of dives?

Another question:
Would Stingless Jellyfish Lake be open for snorkelers?

Do you have specifics on the itinerary change? Do they have to sail back to malakal harbor by day 5 to do the testing and does that mean losing a day of dives?

Aggressor is still working on the lab testing logistics. Right now they are trying to minimize the impact but the expect to lose 1-2 dives. I would guess if they test in the morning, you could still dive in the afternoon, or visa-versa.

Another question:
Would Stingless Jellyfish Lake be open for snorkelers?

Dan, I typically book my Palau trips with Chris Lubba (Palau Dive Adventures) and they do Jellyfish lake as a regular stop. They too are still working on logistics as the island just opened on the 17th. I see no reason for the Lake to be closed but logic doesn't always come into play these days.

Dan, I typically book my Palau trips with Chris Lubba (Palau Dive Adventures) and they do Jellyfish lake as a regular stop. They too are still working on logistics as the island just opened on the 17th. I see no reason for the Lake to be closed but logic doesn't always come into play these days.
The reason I asked is that I was on PA2 about 4.5 years ago (Trip Report - December 24-31, 2017 Palau Trip Report ) and wasn’t able to go to the lake because it was closed at the time (the jellyfish had disappeared & some scientists blamed it to El Niño). If it’s open and would be included in the itinerary together with the red snapper spawning, those two tours would be a good reason to come back to Palau.

The reason I asked is that I was on PA2 about 4.5 years ago (Trip Report - December 24-31, 2017 Palau Trip Report ) and wasn’t able to go to the lake because it was closed at the time (the jellyfish had disappeared & some scientists blamed it to El Niño). If it’s open and would be included in the itinerary together with the red snapper spawning, those two tours would be a good reason to come back to Palau.

Dan, they tell me they are still working out the details on the itinerary most because of the requirement for Day 5 testing. I'll keep after them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom