Paintings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

konajc:
Aloha everyone,

I'm new to Scuba Board and I'm not a photographer but I am an artist (painter). I was wondering if anyone would object to my occasionaly sharing one of my marine life paintings instead of posting a photo.

Thanks,
---John---
Welcome to SB.

Good idea, a photo through the MINDS eye. Maybe a painting of a picture from the photo gallery someday, of course you might want to ask the photographer first.

Welcome to our pond! Please do post some of your paintings, we'd love to see them. BTW...attachments can be 200k

Here goes,
I just put the first painting up in members galleries.
Hope I posted it right.
If you all think it's worthwhile, I'll gladdly share more.
Aloha and Mahalo (Thanks),
---John---

konajc:
Here goes,
I just put the first painting up in members galleries.
Hope I posted it right.
If you all think it's worthwhile, I'll gladdly share more.
Aloha and Mahalo (Thanks),
---John---
It's a lovely painting. Do you need to reduce it so much? - I'm sure 1280 X 960 (the screen res of most modern computers) might produce a file size of just under 200k (which Dee said was acceptable). Anyway - it's great - please post some more!

Thanks for the reply Kim.
I wasn't sure how it would display on the site, so I just put up a size I thouhgt would fit. You're right though, it looks like I can go a lot larger. I'll try to do better on the next one. Glad you like it.
---John---

konajc:
Thanks for the reply Kim.
I wasn't sure how it would display on the site, so I just put up a size I thouhgt would fit. You're right though, it looks like I can go a lot larger. I'll try to do better on the next one. Glad you like it.
---John---
If 1280X960 is too big - then I'd try 800X600 (roughly) I just checked my photos and that produces file sizes of just under 150K.

p.s. Wish I could get a shot like that with my camera!!! OOhhhh 'artists licence'.....

KimLeece:
If 1280X960 is too big - then I'd try 800X600 (roughly) I just checked my photos and that produces file sizes of just under 150K.

p.s. Wish I could get a shot like that with my camera!!! OOhhhh 'artists licence'.....

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Yeah, it's fun moving the rocks and fish around anywhere I like.

I'll post another tomorrow, It's after midnight here and I've got to turn in.
See ya,
---John---

Back
Top Bottom