PaintBall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
I figure that with the ammount of people on this board there will be a few who play paintball. I'm looking for a set-up and am looking for tips.
thanks
FND

I've been playing for 10 years, what are you looking for?

I'm a compleate noob, and am looking for a nice first set-up. I want something that i can upgrade if i become more serious. I'm hoping not to get anything too expensive, i was thinking something like $200-300 for a gun. i have a budget of about $500 for it all, and i would like some nice stuff.
Thanks,
FND

:lol: :33: sure lets see, budget of 500 umm... not gonna happen!!!

Fly N Dive:
I'm a compleate noob, and am looking for a nice first set-up. I want something that i can upgrade if i become more serious. I'm hoping not to get anything too expensive, i was thinking something like $200-300 for a gun. i have a budget of about $500 for it all, and i would like some nice stuff.
Thanks,
FND

I would say look at tipman's and kingman's (spyder). The tipman does not have as much stuff to upgrade it as the spyder does, but they don't really need to much, unless you get really serious and want to play tourney's. For rec ball they are both great markers. If you can afford it I would recomend the automag. For masks I like the JT's.

Were are you located? Maybe we can get together some time for a game. I am in NH.

i'm outside of boston

justin-branam:
buy an angel :chillin6:

If you can find those at the $200-300 range I will buy every single one that you can find, plus you will get a nice finders fee.

Go to www.pbnation.com and find a used Tippmann Custom 98 for sale, preferably with an aftermarket barrel and maybe a drop forward (the 98 is a long gun, these help)

Then go buy a nice cheap THERMAL lens goggle like the one at http://www.pbfanatics.com/itemdesc.asp?CartId=9188472J-ACCWARE-VRVL461&ic=JT-032-T-BLK&cc=&tpc=

Toss a barrell squeegee, a hopper, a CO2 tank, and a barrel in with your order, if your gun didn't come with any or all of those.

Or, if you don't care about saving a couple of bucks by buying a new gun, go to http://www.xpaintball.com/model98custom.html and get a new one. Add a thermal goggle and CO2 tank to the package and you're all set. Then get a barrel. You want one.

Oh yeah, if you want something significantly nicer, an Indian Creek Designs BKO is pretty tough to beat.

Back
Top Bottom