Diving Compressor Bristol 4s.7.40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Rik Lemmens
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hello, I'm new, I'm not a diver, but I'm not a paintball shooter either. I searched and found a high-pressure compressor, I collect historical combustion engines. One of these engines is a very early Diesel Engine, it needs 80 Bar of compressed air to blow in the fuel, which is why I purchased the diving compressor. It's an old Bristol 4S.7.40, an engineering marvel, I would like to treat this well, and above all not do anything wrong. The engine has a three-stage compressor, but I'm going to use that extra compressor as a backup Now comes my question: is there anyone who can help me with a manual for this compressor? Thank you in advance and best regards from the Netherlands Rik

Attachments

• DSCF1449.jpg
    DSCF1449.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCF1458.jpg
    DSCF1458.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 80
Hello, I'm new, I'm not a diver, but I'm not a paintball shooter either. I searched and found a high-pressure compressor, I collect historical combustion engines. One of these engines is a very early Diesel Engine, it needs 80 Bar of compressed air to blow in the fuel, which is why I purchased the diving compressor. It's an old Bristol 4S.7.40, an engineering marvel, I would like to treat this well, and above all not do anything wrong. The engine has a three-stage compressor, but I'm going to use that extra compressor as a backup Now comes my question: is there anyone who can help me with a manual for this compressor? Thank you in advance and best regards from the Netherlands Rik
You might want to have posted this in a different area for more "hits"

Hi
The photo you show is NOT a bristol 4s7
If you have another compressor that is a 4s7
Yes i have parts list & service manual
Post phot to make sure to get right manual Mk1 or Mk2 version

Thank you very much The photos I presented are of the engine that the compressor is supposed to work for, These are photos of the compressor, the type plate is not very clear.
Rik

Attachments

• IMG_5177.JPG
    IMG_5177.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5178.JPG
    IMG_5178.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5180.JPG
    IMG_5180.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 47
Unbelieveable but believable

I collect historical combustion engines.

Mate your stuff is gorgeous, we love photos of stuff here y'all come back now with reconstitution pics

DSCF1458.jpg

DSCF1449.jpg

IMG_5177.JPG

Brilliant!

Windyairman sent me all the information about this compressor to the Netherlands, I would like to sincerely thank him, It's nice that there are still people like this who want to help someone they don't know.
I now dare to disassemble my compressor, especially the valves, which tend to char.
Greetings from the Netherlands
Rik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom