PADI Speciality Instructor Manual

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

Tomorrow i am going to teach a nitrox course and so today i was looking through the inst spec manual and found it to be a bit impractical, 2 eanx instructor guides for example, one apparantly being old with different standards seems abit pointless, standards being incorrect like min age changing from 15 to 12? also does anyone else find that the knowledge review answer keys being in the appendix instead of padi pro site a bit of an inconvienience? Would it not be better to make a version of the inst spec manual like the normal inst manual with required papers and standrads in the same format?

Craig

The old table guide is there as when this edition of the SIM was produced we still had materials available for it whilst it was being phased out. The materials for this course are seldom stocked any more, so we can just focus on the computer version of the course now. The computer version is due to be updated. The paperwork to us is now the Con Ed Admin Document and not the stated EANx Liability. And as you stated, the min age is now 12.

Having worked on remote islands and liveaboards in Asia, I prefer the KRs on the disc, as internet connections can be slow/intermittent/non-existent.

I'll be honest. I prefer working disc. Same problems we can have occasionaly with the internet. I had it downloaded and still use the second knowledge review questions for practice with the tables. I know that computers are the more common teaching option at the moment but I always like to teach the tables so everybody has the core understanding of the material before using the computers. just my little input...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom