PADI Instructor manual question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Like a good compliant DM, and a DM waiting to take his IDC :D, I bought the PADI instructor manual. I went to the PADI pro website and downloaded the update for the manual and it looks like they want you to manually write in the changes :confused:, not change out old pages with new ones. Is that correct or am I looking in the wrong place for updates?

Don't you guys get a new cd-rom EVERY year like we do :confused:

I was sent an updated version on CD from PADI. I received this free as part of my renewing my instructor fees automatically (they bill my credit card annually).

Since you are not yet an instructor, you didn't show up on their system to send you an update.

Contact PADI and explain your situation. If you don't get one from them, let me know.

Cheers!

You will not receive the free CD as a DM. Only as an instructor.

In the meantime write away! (clearly!)

As a divemaster, you'll receive a cd with the Instructor Guides for Divemaster-led Programs on it. You should get this some time after the first of the year (when instructors get their cd version of the intructors manual) provivded you are renewed wth PADI.

Jackie

And yes, if you own a paper version, you update by line out and write over.

I own Acrobat full version, so I actually modify the basic document. I understand that's not a practacal option for everyone though.

Once you're an instructor it changes, as they point out above. I was pleased when they went to the new CD every year with renewal. It costs so little and makes it so much easier for instructors to have a current reference.

And if you're going on to the IDC, owning that manual is much more than being "a good DM." It'll be your main reference for the Instructor Exam and for actual teaching. I too went through the same thing as a DM (stayed a DM for quite a while).

Good luck on the IDC!!!!

Welcome to the world of manuals, specifications, codes and law. I work in contract management and 90% of the time we have to update the documents for each project by strike-out and write over. It is still a prettty common method of updating a manual without purchasing a whole new manual.

Thx for the responses everyone.

I also did some checking and the manual came updated to the first quarter of 2007. Looks like since then only 1 page was updated for the elearning stuff, so I downloaded the pdf, printed it and replaced the one in the manual.

The only other changes seem to be the forms, but if I'm reading the quarterly updates correctly PADI no longer wants you to print them out and have them in the manual, seems they want you to download them when needed as they change often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom