PADI Gas Blender course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Reason PADI is offering the Blending class is a simple word, due to the fact that more and more people support child slavery :fire: :grrr: and laying off accountants, bring a nearly full tank to a shop for a top off, the dive shop can ask above the table, let me see your card therefore the word LIABILTY can be placed on the culprit of the bedroom mixing.

I rather like chicken

it taste like well um chicken

Well perhaps I've stepped on someones professional toes....
Which is it:
Accountant, Child Seller or Tank Filler? :)

Or is this really about Chickens? I like chickens....yes chickens are good....:rolleyes:

Is there a PADI Chicken Specialty I could take?????
Chicken Blender!

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Well perhaps I've stepped on someones professional toes....
Which is it:
Accountant, Child Seller or Tank Filler? :)

Oh it's just I am a firm advocate against child slavery, and most children that are sold well just become slaves. There are other options for compressor finacing.

Making and selling Chicken broth for example.

stop this tomfoolery and lets return to the original question (?) of this thread for those of us uninitiated......................

Other than PADI wanting more of our dollars.........................is there something wrong with their course, is there something better or are we smarter to let a "professional" just mix the nitrox/trimix or whatever.............:confused:

And please slow down y'all are talking too fast for this frozen canuck.....................

Other than for gaining self-knowledge, I don't really see the point. I can't imagine a shop letting someone fill their own tanks with nitrox anyway, and unless they gave ya a great discount for doing it... Just get a book and read about it. Oxygen Hackers is pretty good.

http://www.airspeedpress.com/

Take care and fill slooowwlly.

Mike

Originally posted by Butch103

And please slow down y'all are talking too fast for this frozen canuck.....................

Butch,
Actually there is a lot of good information in this thread. Those who actually have the facilities to mix gas (or plan to have the facilities to mix gas) need to know how to do so.

For those divers who are going to be using mix it is more important to know what mix to use for what, how to analyze the mix and how to use the mix thus analyzed.

Should time, money and interest allow then by all means take a mixing class.

Just like in the Oygen Hackers book there is a story about a shop that a guy takes a pre filled tank to and ask to get it topped off, the filler turns the knob and empties the tank slightly and the guy goes bonkers, all his calculations are shot, well lets change the situation.

A guy with a Gas Blender card goes into a shop and asks to get his pre filled tank topped off. stating that he has pre filled it, the shop goes I don't think I can do that, the guys presents his card and says it is ok. the tank gets filled the shop is no longer liable.

then stops by a chicken joint for lunch

A page back I made an attempt at humor that was totally inappropriate when I wrote

"Or sell the kids and use their bedroom for a fill station.... "

Upon relflection I realize that in today's world ... unfortunately...
this is no joking matter!

After reading an article in this morning's paper about world wide traffic in children for immoral purposes....I am chagrined that I made such a careless comment....
and will never do so again....

I apologize

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom