PADI Gas Blender course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

None of it makes any sense. It's just another money issue. Mixing helium is a heck of a lot safer than 02, but what does that matter :rolleyes:. They have to make money by offering another class. By the time you get done with those programs, you could have built your own filling station (at least a substantial part of it). It's not rocket science; get the books, follow the "rules", and don't blow yourself up. Pretty easy really.

Mike

Not that I would do that. :wink:

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
None of it makes any sense. It's just another money issue. Mixing helium is a heck of a lot safer than 02, but what does that matter :rolleyes:. They have to make money by offering another class. By the time you get done with those programs, you could have built your own filling station (at least a substantial part of it). It's not rocket science; get the books, follow the "rules", and don't blow yourself up. Pretty easy really.

Mike

Not that I would do that. :wink:

Mike by not blowing yourself up takes all the fun out fo it.
I just wonder how many people are lined up at their shop begging for this class? Then I wonder what the expression will be when I ask for this class?

ps wouldn't O2 cleaning the chicken make it better when deep fried?

FK,

Don't take your life in your hands! Everyone knows that putting a non-o2 cleaned chicken near either oil or heat is merely an explosion waiting to happen!

Fortunately you can now take a chicken o2 cleaning class for only $195 including PIC envelope. Patch sold separately.

We can't be having these kind of insanely, hilarious posts on a technical diving board. What the heck is wrong with you people! We need someone to get this discussion into the normal format ... where is ...? Ah, never mind. :wink: :D

Mike

PS. I like my yard bird EXTRA greezzy!

We need someone to get this discussion into the normal format ... where is ...?
Yes, where is.....? After all, we've got the chicken already and that IS farm-animal stupid, right?

LY--comeondown below the Mason-Dixon line where extra greezy is standard fare!

I think it would be a worthwhile experiment. :tease:

I tell ya what, I'll supply the nitrox and beer, you bring the greezzy chicken. :D

Party at Watergal's house!!

Mike

What card to you get with this class- AOB?

Advanced open blender?!!!

And what do you do with this card? Buy a bunch of K-tanks, valves, pressure regulators, whips (and chains), and make yourself an in house mixing station? If you dive enough, it makes sense. Otherwise, you've got to go into the LDS anyway and buy from them. Are they going to let you do your own mix?

The alarm rings at the firshouse, the voice comes over the speaker, "Fire at 123 any street"

FF#1 "Ain't that the Dive shop?"
FF#2 "Yeah they rebuilt after that Blender class"
FF#1 "You don' think they bought more chickens do ya?"
FF#2 "Well we have plenty of Marshmellows and beer this time around"

Originally posted by detroit diver
Are they [the LDS] going to let you do your own mix?
If you carefully cultivate a good relationship with a shop, yes, they'll blow air on top of your spiked cylinders.

I would NEVER do this without the shop's knowledge, however. Do everything above the board.

The Oxygen Hacker's Companion (great book, BTW) has an excellent suggestion for shop owners. When a customer comes in that you suspect is spiking cylinders, while they're still in the store open the valve and let the cylinder hiss for a 10 or 15 seconds. If the customer gets a look of horror on ther face, dump the entire cylinder! :)

Roak

Ps. Man, I never meant to start this chicken cult!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom