PADI Equipment specialty course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Erich S
8 hours a day for 5 days is 40 hours of instruction.

VS

"My PADI equipment course was definitely worthwhile. The instructor was the shop tech. There were only two of us. We opened up, cleaned and adjusted our own second stages and learned how to remove, open up and clean out our Dry suit valves and did some wetsuit repair."

Difficult to comprehend that this was a "repair course"

sdm

Ask what it will cover before you sign up.

@Erich S
8 hours a day for 5 days is 40 hours of instruction.

VS

"My PADI equipment course was definitely worthwhile. The instructor was the shop tech. There were only two of us. We opened up, cleaned and adjusted our own second stages and learned how to remove, open up and clean out our Dry suit valves and did some wetsuit repair."

Difficult to comprehend that this was a "repair course"

sdm

Ask what it will cover before you sign up.

Sam, you seem to be getting grouchier in your old age. Your posts talk about the "old days" even if it is not relevant to the topic. Then you make a snarky comment.

The equipment specialty course is NOT the same as a regulator technician course. The tech showed him how to handle regulator / drysuit problems in the field not how to rebuild regulators.

@ams511-- who just doesn't log dives

Sam, you seem to be getting grouchier in your old age. Your posts talk about the "old days" even if it is not relevant to the topic. Then you make a snarky comment.
````````````````````````````````````````````````
yep !
Suggest YOU place me on your ignore list
SDM

@ams511-- who just doesn't log dives

````````````````````````````````````````````````
yep !
Suggest YOU place me on your ignore list
SDM

Why? I like pointing out how you are wrong.

What is in the class depends on the instructor, there is no required curriculum from PADI unlike other specialties.

What is in the class depends on the instructor, there is no required curriculum from PADI unlike other specialties.
Well, actually there is a curriculum and an instructor guide.
Whether people follow it is questionable.

Well, actually there is a curriculum and an instructor guide.
Whether people follow it is questionable.

Hmmm the instructor I talked to said that there wasn't one.

Hmmm the instructor I talked to said that there wasn't one.
Find another instructor. Or service course. There are some of us whose equipment course tends to be more comprehensive and thorough because we actually are authorized techs for one or more lines. I'm actually a regulator technician instructor so my classes go a bit more into depth. They are not the reg tech course that I teach to HOG and Deep Six reg owners, but they do go more into diagnosing and addressing issues commonly encountered.

Find another instructor. Or service course. There are some of us whose equipment course tends to be more comprehensive and thorough because we actually are authorized techs for one or more lines. I'm actually a regulator technician instructor so my classes go a bit more into depth. They are not the reg tech course that I teach to HOG and Deep Six reg owners, but they do go more into diagnosing and addressing issues commonly encountered.

I ultimately decided to simply take the Deep Six course one of these days. Probably about the time mine will need their first service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom