PADI Dive Table Practice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Immense

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone send me to a site that will allow me to practice my (PADI) tables a bit more? I am pretty sure I have them down but I would love to practice some more!

Thanks,
Curtis

Why not ask your Instructor for some extra problems to do so he can help you. I know I love it when my students want more practice.

Looks like the Navy Dive tables and they are not the same as PADI's so they wont do you any good in you OW with PADI

CAPNVINNY:
Why not ask your Instructor for some extra problems to do so he can help you. I know I love it when my students want more practice.

Ya, I am going to do that tomorrow - I am going to the pool to practice getting neutrally buoyant so I will ask him then!

CAPNVINNY:
Looks like the Navy Dive tables and they are not the same as PADI's so they wont do you any good in you OW with PADI

A) Learning how to do Navy, or Naui, or anyone elses tables would help - as all tables work the same - you just have to learn to follow a chart, add residual nitrogen, take it to the next table, etc. Whether the table says padi, navy, ssi, or naui on it does not really much matter in learning how to use tables.

B) My answer is A above is a moot point as the Computerized Table Tutor includes 9 table formats including the navy, but also all major agencies in both metric and imperial - you just choose which table format you want to use.

And any scubaboard members can just pm, or email us the unlock code and we'll unlock it for you no charge... free... nada....

Enjoy!

CAPNVINNY:

I use the PADI tables but practice with the scubatoys program. When you practice and understand the sequences that are needed to work with the tables I find that you can adapt easily to any table. I use PADI my son uses SSI, and a friend of mine uses the navy tables. All three are easy once you understand the principles.

I do my dive tables myself. Using computer programs can turn your brain to slush... what if you are down deep and need to calculate your tables down under (I take mine with me JIC). You need to practice actual problems- it's really not hard. Make sure you figure them out yourself after each dive (and before each dive when you plan your dives).

I use a dive computer now and I still do my tables. I did most of my dives with a watch, an underwater tablet and my brain. No small feat for a non-math person! I got a lot of flack on my ONE dive vacation in Cozumel because apparently everyone else uses tables so they kind of made fun of me (mainly kidding around) about my stone aged system... but it works!

Also, as I found out last week at the Quarry, it's a good back up. My dive computer needed a new battery and I had just gotten it back from the shop that morning. A previous owner had gouged out the battery cover so I couldn't open it and had to dive with a spare my LDS had loaned me... and my watch and underwater tablet!

Practice, practice, practice... and someday you'll be as good at it as I am... (please read with sarcasm noted!)...

Back
Top Bottom