PADI Deep Diver course- gas management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doesn't conflict whatsoever. I showed what instructors need to teach. And it shows that it is a fluff course. The industry as a whole could provide a lot more value than what it does.
A good instructor adds the value. You may not have much experience with that.

A good instructor adds the value. You may not have much experience with that.
LOL, and why is there so much PADI bashing? Is it due to the overwhelming percentage of good instructors? LOL

LOL, and why is there so much PADI bashing? Is it due to the overwhelming percentage of good instructors? LOL
Actually, there is very little PADI bashing, considering the number of dive centers and instructors and global reach. On SB, it is mostly the same few people, over and over.

I've met a large number of quite good PADI instructors, and very few that are not very good. But I don't know your area, and I'm not really familiar with most of Asia except for the better diver centers.Asia seems to be a problem; witness the expulsion stats in the Undersea Journal.

Actually, there is very little PADI bashing, considering the number of dive centers and instructors and global reach. On SB, it is mostly the same few people, over and over.
Well some of you sure complain about it a lot.
I've met a large number of quite good PADI instructors, and very few that are not very good. But I don't know your area, and I'm not really familiar with most of Asia except for the better diver centers.Asia seems to be a problem; witness the expulsion stats in the Undersea Journal.
I have yet to meet a PADI instructor working for a shop that isn't under pressure to get the class over with. So yeah, the instructor going above and beyond is a rarity. I've lamented with other SDI instructors that few add appropriate skills/dives to add value over minimum standards. And that's an agency where it is allowed.

So yeah, hardly ever are instructors adding information. If you were to ask them about gas density or GF, they'd look at your like a deer caught in the headlights. Feel free to respond, I've said more than enough.

The RDP, your computer, nothing specific.

That’s interesting if I’m understanding you. You could have a class being conducted at 100/100?

If you're asking if He is required beyond 100 ft, no. Nor in TDI, et al. Just GUE, as far as I know.
I’m not aware of any either, and it seems very head in the sand to pretend like that research that didn’t exist when the classes where originally created don’t exist.

You could have a class being conducted at 100/100?
Very unlikely. Anyone who could set their computer to that likely knows better than to do it.
The worst that is likely is GFHi of 95 ("Low" Conservatism), so similar to the RDP.

Very unlikely. Anyone who could set their computer to that likely knows better than to do it.
the worst that is likely is GFHi of 95 ("Low" Conservatism), so similar to the RDP.
Sure, so is teaching a drysuit class to someone who can't hook up their drysuit inflator.

I just find it interesting there is no required conservatism.

There is a potential that someone could be diving 100/100 or even 95/95 and then have a 60ft/min ascent with a computer that is expecting a 30ft/min ascent and be surfacing exceeding 100% gf, which sure isn't guaranteed bends, but defining a maximum GF or max bottom time at that depth would help define the risks for the agency.

Sure, so is teaching a drysuit class to someone who can't hook up their drysuit inflator.

I just find it interesting there is no required conservatism.

There is a potential that someone could be diving 100/100 or even 95/95 and then have a 60ft/min ascent with a computer that is expecting a 30ft/min ascent and be surfacing exceeding 100% gf, which sure isn't guaranteed bends, but defining a maximum GF or max bottom time at that depth would help define the risks for the agency.
No, the 60 ft/min is a maximum rate not to exceed. If you are diving a computer, you are limited to the ascent rate for that computer.

Added: that is one of the overall PADI Training Standards for ALL classes.
Maximum ascent rate is 18 metres/60 feet per minute, or the maximum rate allowed by the diver’s computer, whichever is slower.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom