Trip Report Padangbai (Bali) Report: Geko Divers August '23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was lucky as when we dived White Beach, there were no currents to speak of. I recall seeing lots of Green and Hawksbill turtles on that dive. Yes, 24-25 degrees was par for the course on my PB dives. Some fantastic wall diving there I think at Drop-Off if i'm remembering right.

I saw large turtles at White Beach and others elsewhere. Will look through my photos for dates then I have an idea what site.
Drop off is very good plenty to find by yourself. This is my Drop Off dive today.

DIVE 887.jpg

Did you see the massive 2 meter grouper that lurks in the bowels of the wreck! I about jumped out of my rashguard the first time I saw it! Also, tons of macro on the sandy slope on the swim to the wreck.

The best time to see the Grouper is on a night dive. You will enthrall yourself with fear lol This lobster was on the Groupers menu I think lol

LOBSTER (2).jpg

Can you press the 'More' button on that Perdix please, where it shows MAX MIN temps in C, curious to see what temp the water was, like you did a few posts back.
Also.
Gas mix EANitrox 32% was it?

Can you press the 'More' button on that Perdix please, where it shows MAX MIN temps in C, curious to see what temp the water was, like you did a few posts back.
Also.
Gas mix EANitrox 32% was it?

Yes all dives on Nitrox 30%
TEMP 886.jpg
TEMP 887.jpg

That's a warm bath, I would still be in 3mm and Skarkskin vest, my days of board shorts and t shirts in the tropics are long gone.

That's a warm bath, I would still be in 3mm and Skarkskin vest, my days of board shorts and t shirts in the tropics are long gone.
Me too... Heck, I get cold in 28 degree water now.

I was using a 3mm shortie on my first LoB(Taka II) to Coral Sea yr ago.
I would get hypothermia if I do that nowadays.

I got my AOW with Gekko. I can’t wait to go back! I stayed at the Blu Lagoon resort at the top of the cliff. It’s super special place.

Glad you saw molas!

I don't mind T shirt and shorts. However, I must admit now I have finally used my skarkskin it's really much warmer.
I'm still diving in shorts though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom