Trip Report Padangbai (Bali) Report: Geko Divers August '23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be staying in Sanur for 15 days next trip , still trying to pick from a few dive operators recommended to me, it has been a long time since I have been there.:clearmask:
And I take reviews with a large dose of salt.

I will be staying in Sanur for 15 days next trip , still trying to pick from a few dive operators recommended to me, it has been a long time since I have been there.:clearmask:
And I take reviews with a large dose of salt.
I don't have a recco for a Sanur operator as when I'm in Bali, I stay where I'm diving, i.e. Padang Bai, Amed, Tulamben, or Permuteran/Secret Bay. I don't fancy the 1-3 hour drives to/from the dive areas from Sanur. It makes for a pretty exhausting day.

Boats depart from Sanur beach/Merthasari direct to Nusa Pendia.
3 dives per day from Sanur or 2 dives from Lembongan , same operator with 2 boats.
To Pedang one hour by car and only 10-15 minutes by boat, that is what I do every week here to dive sites, and I drive myself.

Boats depart from Sanur beach/Merthasari direct to Nusa Pendia.
3 dives per day from Sanur or 2 dives from Lembongan , same operator with 2 boats.
To Pedang one hour by car and only 10-15 minutes by boat, that is what I do every week here to dive sites, and I drive myself.
Which operator does the runs from Merthasari?

I at Geko Divers now. Not great vis but not an issue for me. First day only myself and Komang my guide.
Today had another visiting instruct we had two good dives in the morning. Guide had an issue with arm so no afternoon dive.

I am staying at Puri Rai and dang.... nice room I am on second floor but very few people here. About 2 mins walk to Geko Divers.

I rented a scooter to get around... I like to eat in the warungs aka local restaurants.
4 more diving days so hope to get in 14 more dives with two night dives. I wonder if the jetty is the place for that.
Have not met Rico yet.

Some photos from dive here
TG photos, Show us what you shot.

P1100008.JPG
P1100009.JPG
P1100007.JPG

Yesterday a diver got separated from his guide in fast currents. Not Geko Divers. Diver was found by a fast boat ferry passing by so that diver was lucky. Anyway today the marine police were out checking the documents of dive operators, checking crew and customers. Vis is maybe 20m and you wont see a diver wearing black in that.

Water temps have been from 26c to 22c. Second dive today was 22c for a min temp of the dive. I am in shorts and T shirt, guide is sucking air even wearing wet suit. He is shivering by 45 mins in. It gets better as we ascend into warmer waters for safety stops.

P1130044.JPG
P1130045.JPG

22c.jpg

Absolute has very nice accommodation and restuarant. It is nice to stay where you dive to get to know the staff and the other divers better. But several of Geko Divers seem to stay at Absolute.

Yesterday a diver got separated from his guide in fast currents. Not Geko Divers. Diver was found by a fast boat ferry passing by so that diver was lucky. Anyway today the marine police were out checking the documents of dive operators, checking crew and customers. Vis is maybe 20m and you wont see a diver wearing black in that.

Water temps have been from 26c to 22c. Second dive today was 22c for a min temp of the dive. I am in shorts and T shirt, guide is sucking air even wearing wet suit. He is shivering by 45 mins in. It gets better as we ascend into warmer waters for safety stops.

View attachment 820642View attachment 820643

View attachment 820644

PB can be pretty cold; I remember it being 23--24 degrees when I dived the Jetty. The diver drifted pretty far if he ended up in the ferry channel; glad he was picked up safe. I wonder if he had and deployed a DSMB.

Back
Top Bottom