Packing Light for Occidental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deco_martini

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey gang, I'm taking a long weekender to Grand Occidental and trying to pack light. As such, if I sneak away from the wife to hit the water, I'll need to use a diving outfit who rents gear (bc, reg, etc). I would like to use one who has nice and well maintained equipment since my life depends on it. Any recommendations for an outfit that services GO and has good rental gear?

deco_martini:
Hey gang, I'm taking a long weekender to Grand Occidental and trying to pack light. As such, if I sneak away from the wife to hit the water, I'll need to use a diving outfit who rents gear (bc, reg, etc). I would like to use one who has nice and well maintained equipment since my life depends on it. Any recommendations for an outfit that services GO and has good rental gear?

Christi is one of the best ops on the island and she has a complete line of gear for you. She also has computers and she will set you up with the full set of gear.

http://www.bluextseadiving.com/

And she now has her own shop too. She still needs to update her web site to show it off.

Well, I wound up using Dive Palancar since they did two tanks in the afternoon. They were a decent dive op. I felt unlucky though since I was partnered with a guy whose previous partner bailed because on their morning dives _someone died_.

The first story I heard is that the guy had a cardiac arrest. However, some mumbling around the pool from the guys
relatives led to me believe it wasn't that simple.

That said, the dives were great for drift dives. Saw a balloonish whose head looked as wide as a basketball.

deco_martini:
...snip.... As such, if I sneak away from the wife to hit the water ...snip...

And you're still alive to talk about it :11: Hope you returned to the spouse with new jewelry :wink:

Seriously, sounds like you had a great time!

Back
Top Bottom