packing for first liveaboard - blackbeard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No time to review all the responses but I can unequivocally say "swimmer's ear" medicine as well as a drying agent for your ears. Despite experience previously I foolishly forgot to bring the swimmers ear and I as well as others started having some equalization issues in our ears after day 3 on our recent trip. The boat had medicine and we made all of the rest of the dives. Definitely bring it because it can be game over even though you feel fine otherwise.

I was going to start another post, but glad I saw this one first...thanks Scotttyd.

I am doing the Cayman Agressor in August and plan to bring a suitcase, my dive gear suitcase, dry box for my camera gear and a small backpack. Will there be additional storage outside of my cabin? I have a twin share cabin and right now, I don't have a roommate. Keeping my fingers crossed.

oh and Babyduck...thanks for the list. Going to use it to pack by...well most of it anyway.

Thanks!

I was going to start another post, but glad I saw this one first...thanks Scotttyd.

I am doing the Cayman Agressor in August and plan to bring a suitcase, my dive gear suitcase, dry box for my camera gear and a small backpack. Will there be additional storage outside of my cabin? I have a twin share cabin and right now, I don't have a roommate. Keeping my fingers crossed.

oh and Babyduck...thanks for the list. Going to use it to pack by...well most of it anyway.

Thanks!

There's no real "official" additional storage. Your camera rig will typically stay on the camera table all week. There's usually room under the table for camera cases. Cayman Aggressor will store your suitcases on shore for you once you unpack, so you can get rid of them if you want.

very good thread

I'm going next year, its been a couple of years. I took to many clothes last time, I think I wore the same swim trunks all week and just changed tee shirts. The things I didn't take last time and plan on taking this time: A cushion, strong clip to hang towel on rail, insulated cup, and books. I am also going to leave the flip flops at home and wear some tennis shoes. I saw someones flip flop blow overboard as we were getting ready for the shark dive and a shark ate it.:D

What's the cushion for specifically?

This thread was a huge help to me on my first liveaboard. I had everything I needed and would have only done a couple things differently working off this list. The large clamps were a hit, and everyone else was borrowing them (a couple bucks at harbor freight, I recommend going fairly large), as was the power strip.

The only things I would have done differently is bringing something better to sleep on (the boat had thin mattress pads) and different undergarments for my drysuit (wool instead of polypro, as they were pretty bad by day 4). Of course that only applies for drysuit diving.

But think what the guys back at work would say about a flip flop with a shark bite in it... you would be king for at least a while.

Another awesome thread about liveaboards!!! I'm headed to Blackbeards myself August 3rd aboard the Pirates Lady, my first time!! When are you going Scotty?? Already began getting stuff organized and ready. :)

long delay on my behalf - leaving Sept 6th- how was your trip?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom