packing a UK SL3 eLed for flying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbchiro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife an I are travelling next week and plan to do some night diving in Bonaire. Besides taking batteries out of the light are their any other precaution to take. Do you have to unscrew them because of the change in pressure, when flying? Any help on this would be appreciated.

I leave the batteries in the light. I cut a small piece of cardboard and place between the light bulb and batteries so that if the switch gets bumped into the on position the light still does not turn on. I leave it loosley closed, not tightened all the way. I've never had any problems. Just remember to take out the cardboard piece before your night dive!

Personally I always remove the batteries from my SL3 before a dive trip to ensure I put new/fresh batteries in before the dive. I leave the head screwed on about half way and check dive gear at airport (regs + computer are carry on.) I've never had a problem with my light doing this. Also, I don't think there's that big a pressure difference between the cargo hold and the cabin (but I could be wrong, I'm not in the airline industry)

Back
Top Bottom