Pacific Dives, If you had to choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Depends what sort of diving you prefer...
I'm not really into tropical diving, i find it gets much the same after a few dives, so I would always go with New Zealand first.
I would recommend a dive on the rainbow warrior,
two dives (maybve 4) at the Poor Knights,
One or two dives in Wellington,
One or two on the wreck of the Mikhail Lermontov
and two in Fiordland.

My.02c

Best diving is Tahiti, Fiji and NZ in that order but NZ is very different to the other two.

Tahiti - if you have the time head out to Rangiroa for a few days. Tiputa Pass is up there with the best diving you will ever do.

Fiji - IMO Taveuni is the best diving in Fiji but you have to fly up there. If you want something on Viti Levu then Raki Raki (Wananavu resort) or Pacific Harbour (they do an incredible shark feed dive) would be my picks.

NZ - The Poor Knights (leave from Tutukaka near Whangerai) are world class and some of the best diving NZ can offer. The other main North Is option would be Bay of Islands (Paihia).

Hope that helps.

Lee

leeaf:
NZ - The Poor Knights (leave from Tutukaka near Whangerai) are world class and some of the best diving NZ can offer. The other main North Is option would be Bay of Islands (Paihia)
Or Three Kings, Whangaroa, Kawau, Little Barrier Island, Great Barrier Island, The Mokehinaus, Sail Rock, Hen and Chicken Islands, Coromandal, Mayor Island, Motiti Island, White Island (Possibly some of the best), Waikato River Drift Dive, The Boil in Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa Coast, Cape Palliser, The Sugarloaf Marine Reserve in NP, Kapiti Island, Mana Island, Rocky Bay, Thoms Rock, Mermaids Kitchen, Island Bay sea horses... Phew...The list is endless.

While the Poor Knights are brilliant diving they are by no means the best diving in NZ. They probably are one of the most accesable tho.
I dive the Poor Knights with PK Dive. They are fun, professional and don't run cattle boats:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom