Pacific Dives, If you had to choose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

remando

New
Reaction score
Hi there,

My wife and I are going on a multitrip that will takes us through Hawaii, Fiji, Tahiti, Cook Islands and New Zealand. Now, I'm sure there is a ton of great diving in each of those places but since we are going on a tight budget we're gonna have to choose just a few dives out of all those places.
What are the favourites around here, what are the dives we should never miss? We need to narrow our list to about 4-6 dives, not much I know but we'll have to make up with lots of snorkeling.

Any opinions appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance

Haven't dived any of these but I'd say you need to do more dives! At least 4-6 dives in each location. However from the research I've done I'd dive in Fiji, Tahiti and the Cook Islands if I were limited on the number of dives. It just seems crazy to me to spend all that money and then not doing the dives.

The reason is that it's not really a diving oriented trip, but we do want to try as much diving as our budget allows. We're gonna be over three months on the road and our daily budget is really tight.

My choice would be:
1. Fiji
2. Tahiti
3. New Zeeland

Or 4 dives in Fiji, 3 in Tahiti, 2 New Zeeland, Cook-snorkel

remando:
Thanks! any suggestions on specific sites in those places?

Are you getting to other islands in French Polynesia or just Tahiti? If you can get out to
Rangiroa then Tiputa Pass is fantastic! Challenging though...

You might want to try to dive with Beqa Adventure Divers.
They're in Pacific Harbour, Viti Levu, Fiji.

They are an awesome bunch and do some fantastic diving.

Of those, I have only dived in Fiji and it was amazing. Tahiti is supposed to be very good also, but I think it is generally more expensive as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom