P-Valves for women?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'd really like to hear from anyone who has tried a women's drysuit pee-valve. My last long dive was way too uncomfortable, but I don't want to cut a hole in my drysuit for something that won't work. Any experiences/advice out there?

Well you could always try kitty litter in your boots.

scubaRach:
I heard that they are currently developing a special pair of briefs for women!

They are called Granny nappies.

lol

I think you girls have to put up without p valves. Unless, someone can enlighten me.

Well, there are no pee-valves for women. And if one would construct one there would probably be a lot of shaving and lots of glue involved... might be less trouble to just get some surgery...

Tess:
might be less trouble to just get some surgery...

If that catches on I'm only dating women that wear a wet suit. A woman in a drysuit could have one too many surprises. And then there is the potential eye damage... :eyebrow: Nevermind...

Joe

FWIW, several people I know actually prefer Huggies overnighters if you are less than 120lbs or so...better leak protections than Depends or some other adult diapers. Still fighting it myself but not for long since using a head brings on the sea sickness like nothing else :wink:

Good luck!,
E

Tess:
Well, there are no pee-valves for women. And if one would construct one there would probably be a lot of shaving and lots of glue involved...

Hmmm, I had heard that they now exist -- and, yes, that they involve both shaving and the same sort of sticky tape that the condom catheters used by men have. If it works, it could be more comfortable than diapers, but given the shaving and glueing, I definitely want some first-hand advice before I go ahead and try it (if it even exists -- maybe it was just a cruel joke)!

A bit back, maybe 12- 18 months ago there was a little story in "Sports Illustrated" about a catheter system for sports fans who don't want to leave their seats to relieve themselves. NO JOKE about this, it was not the April 1 issue. There were both male and female versions. Yes, sitting in the stands is different than diving, but could someone adapt this I do not know. They did not have any photos or graphics of the system. I think a razor and sticky tape was used for both sexes.

My GF just thought the idea was sick.

Back
Top Bottom