P-valve options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rds912

Registered
Reaction score
I am ordering a whites fusion and would like opinions on the two p-valves thay have. One is the kind with the bolt on the end of it and the other looks like a regular dump valve. both are balanced. which one is better.

thanks

I personally don't like the bolt type. I have had 2 on my DUI and had leaking issues with both. Bad check valves maybe. Although they are so simple I am not sure how or why. But either way I was wet.

I just went with the Diverite style and much prefer it. It lays flatter on my leg and has no bolt to deal with. No check valve either.

I chose to not use their "dump valve looking" P-valve - only option available when I bought the Fusion.

There are smaller well functioning units out there. Due to the way they're built and are installed and assembled I found the Dive Rite and the Halcyon valves might work well. Skdvr wrote up his installation of the Dive Rite one here on SB - very clean job.

I went with a Halcyon valve because it can be "tightened down" to seal it up just in case. Just installed it this weekend. I liked that - however the Dive Rite valve is much lower profile and a good option as well.

Neither option is cheap though :)

I realize that it doesn't answer your question at all, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway :)

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom