Oxygen compatibility, materials and explosions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bedridden Senior, Smoking While On Oxygen, Dies In Sonoma County House Fire

.com%2Fphotos%2Felderly-patient-wearing-oxygen-mask-and-smoking-cigarette-picture-id78777618&f=1.jpg

You’re gonna want to take the shoes off any horsies you put in a chamber. That’s day one stuff

I don't know a lot about horses, and I don't know a whole lot about chambers, but the fact that horse tranquilizers are cheap and available leads me to believe that tranquilizing a horse before you put it in a giant metal pressure vessel is probably a prudent course of action as well....

Oh well, another one for Elmer.

Do you think they were actually pumping 32%, or did some pure O2 sneak in?
I had a membrane system. Absolutely no chance of O2 sneaking in.

I don't know a lot about horses, and I don't know a whole lot about chambers, but the fact that horse tranquilizers are cheap and available leads me to believe that tranquilizing a horse before you put it in a giant metal pressure vessel is probably a prudent course of action as well....

Oh well, another one for Elmer.
They don't use the whole horse.....

I'm puzzled, unless you're calling the people posting outright liars, I'm seeing first hand accounts on this thread. Reference my own minor encounters upthread.

Is there some other way you'd like it verified perhaps? I can't imagine there's a oxygen handling conspiracy, what would we gain by sharing our near misses regarding oxygen handling mishaps?

Cameron
Please don’t put words in my mouth, I did not call anyone a liar, but there is no point in talking about something that may have happened to a friend or a friend of a friend. That is hearsay and useless information. Oxygen is one the safest and beneficial gases in use. The old and people with lung disease use oxygen on a daily basis with no problems. But the minute you mention oxygen to divers they get their nickers in a twist.

Please don’t put words in my mouth, I did not call anyone a liar, but there is no point in talking about something that may have happened to a friend or a friend of a friend. That is hearsay and useless information. Oxygen is one the safest and beneficial gases in use. The old and people with lung disease use oxygen on a daily basis with no problems. But the minute you mention oxygen to divers they get their nickers in a twist.
It’s almost like you aren’t reading what people are posting.

@CuzzA JUST posted an example of an old person on oxygen getting roasted....

Are you high? I see patients every day who were on home oxygen when it exploded in their face/nose and they come in with life threatening burns. Oxygen is not safe at all. Where ever we use O2 in the hospital we have very strict rules for handling and fire prevention.

The old people on O2 on a daily basis have many problems. Besides the fire risks, there’s a lot of detrimental O2 effects medically using it daily over the long term

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom