OxyCheq Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eelnoraa when you say folded do you mean that it hinders inflation?

3. bladder is cut very big compare to the shell, it gets folded quite a bit inside the shell. H isn't like this. I can't examine DSS, so I don't know there.

All DSS win bladders are specific to a given wing model, and are cut to be very slightly larger than the shell to avoid excess weight and internal convolutions that can trap gas.

Tobin

I have Oxycheq Signature Mach V 40lb for 3 years. I like it a lot. Like everyone mentioned, it is tough shell, very thick bladder, low profile, streamline in water. The good things we all know. The "don't likes" will probably be what OP wants to know. So here is it:

1. very stiff shell material. Much stiffer than H and DSS, which I also have experience with. It makes packing for traveling more difficult.
2. noticeable heavier than H and DSS at similar lift. Again, bad for travel
3. bladder is cut very big compare to the shell, it gets folded quite a bit inside the shell. H isn't like this. I can't examine DSS, so I don't know there.

With that say, if I have do it over again, I will still buy this wing especially for the money. As for comparison with the H eclipse wing, I will have chance to dive it a few more time. I will report what I find when I think I get to know enough about it

I had an Oxycheq Signature 40 doubles wing, and noticed the same issue with it that eelnoraa did. The inner bladder is a lot bigger than the outer shell, it does trap gas. The inner bladder fold over across the top so that it can fit inside the shell. That fold traps gas.

After having owned a Dive Rite wing, an Oxychec, 2 Deep Sea Supply complete rigs, and a Halcyon complete rig.
I've sold everything and now only have the DSS, and Halcyon rigs.
The inner bladders of both brands are properly sized for their shells, unlike the Oxycheq I recently owned.

I recommend Deep Sea Supply. Their complete set ups can't be beat.

-Mitch

I have never experience trap air issue with Oxycheq wing tho, not that I notice. Maybe I can get most of the air out, if there a very tiny small amount of trap air hasn't affect my diving.

eelnoraa when you say folded do you mean that it hinders inflation?

I made a few dives with a Halcyon Eclipse 30lb wing. I do think H is a better wing over all tho. I am writing up a review

Got my BP/W today..........it feels incredible on and it looks like it will produce minimal drag. I'm so excited to get out this wknd and try it out. :dance: (happy dancing)

Got my BP/W today..........it feels incredible on and it looks like it will produce minimal drag. I'm so excited to get out this wknd and try it out. :dance: (happy dancing)

So what did you get? Were you able to get it setup okay?

I've decided to go with a BP/W and have been reading the posts about the best "bang for your buck." Have been checking out all the suggested brands ie: DiveRite, OxyChek and HOG.

Does anyone have any experience with the OxyChek Mach V Signature wing? If yes your comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have an OxyChek Mach V wing - it works fine. It has an integrated roll control device that enables you to use the wing without an STA. However, without an STA you will want to buy some book screws and fasten the wing to the BP to prevent the wing from flopping around when changing tanks.

Edit: oops. I came late to the party...

OxyChek Mach V Signature wing
SS backplate
Standard Hog Harness

Now I just have to find pink webbing for a harness. :cloud9:

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Must admit...................I had to take a few runs at routing the harness. lol

Now I just have to find pink webbing for a harness. :cloud9:

Ask and ye shall receive - from http://northeastscubasupply.com: pink.600.jpg

There is a whole thread on pink gear at: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/new-divers-those-considering-diving/381004-pink.html

OMG Crush...........your link just chewed up a fair chunk of my time! Greatly appreciated tho! Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom