Oxycheq DIY light parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The 'H' webbing is a classy touch... :)

haha thanks. It's all I had laying around.

The oxycheq parts really are nice. I think I'll order the HID bulb and ballast and try to make a another light..

Are you guys buying direct from Oxycheq...? Or thru one of their resellers? I emailed Edd @ Cave Adventurers to have him add it and never got a response....

I'd be a little hesitant about doing Lithium cells w/o a sealed lid.

re: the CO2 canisters - are you able to get a good uniform cut just off the bandsaw - or are you also milling it down...?

-Tim

Are you guys buying direct from Oxycheq...? Or thru one of their resellers? I emailed Edd @ Cave Adventurers to have him add it and never got a response....

same problem - I have asking them for reflector.

BTW: on order they say put number your debit card (visa master) and 3 digits (executive numbers on back ) - it is that normal in US ??? Because in Europe that is unimaginable !

For the DIY light parts you guys will need to deal with OxyCheq direct. Dealers can order the parts, but since there is no markup obviously most would not be interested.

Mat.

http://www.oxycheq.com/download/DIY_Parts.pdf

I dealt with Patrick. Everything went smoothly.

I cut the tank in a horizontal band saw and it was sufficient but I did also put it in the lathe.

The beam is ok. I have the OP reflector that came with the light so it isn't optimum. I've seen some beamshots with a maglite one that loked much better so I think I'll try that. The toggle switch is till in the mail coming here. I will mill out more of a recess for the switch so it is a litle deeper as well.

Sealed Lid? I am making a seperate watertight compartmne tiwth the batteries and hacing the 2 connect with banana plugs. Is this what you mean?

Last edited:
Sealed Lid? I am making a seperate watertight compartmne tiwth the batteries and hacing the 2 connect with banana plugs. Is this what you mean?

Potting the wires leading from the light head and switch. Such that a broken/nicked cord will not wick into the battery compartment.

You can email/fax your order in to Oxycheq and then call with your CC information.

adm3745:

Did you buy the latches from Oxycheq?
Also i would be very interested in pictures of your battery compartment when it's done. When you get the ballast maybe you could give me the dimensions?

luca brassi:

In Germany (Europe) it's standard to supply the card security code for a transaction where the card is not present, e.g. online shopping.

Potting the wires leading from the light head and switch. Such that a broken/nicked cord will not wick into the battery compartment.

And this becomes I'd think a necessity... if your doing a HID version based on the Oxycheq design, w/ the remote ballast assembly residing inside the lid as well....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom