Oxycheq DIY light parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm going to buy some latches. The oxycheq ones are well priced so I'll try those. And disregard the "cable gland" in the pic. I'm going to get an Agro one.

I'm going to buy some latches. The oxycheq ones are well priced so I'll try those. And disregard the "cable gland" in the pic. I'm going to get an Agro one.

Are those locking latches? They don't appear to be in the picture.

Ya sorry. That pic was from awhile ago in the first stage. The cap is a mock and there are no locks. I'll post more pics when it is done. I'm buying the same ones you see on Dive Rite or Halcyon Canisters.

That tank would work perfectly. Wall is plenty thick to hold an Oring. Depending on the batteries used you could get a 9 oz tank or even a 20 oz tank if you want a really big light.

Thanks for all the info. Makes sense about the tank being a pressure vessel. I'll start trolling through the other DIY threads to get ideas and info for lids, latches, glands, cables, light head designs etc.

I would like to try to keep the light head small, maybe by mounting the HID ballast in the canister like the Salvo/Light Monkey lights. I also like the feature of the Sartek lights of having 2 output levels.

Time to do some research :)

Henrik

Last edited:
its possible to build a DIY dive light for under 150.00 , with a 3 hour burn , and 1200 Lumens .... I make lights , and its alot easier than most people think...

its possible to build a DIY dive light for under 150.00 , with a 3 hour burn , and 1200 Lumens .... I make lights , and its alot easier than most people think...

Do tell..............:coffee:

Thats the final version of the co2 tank canister.

The 'H' webbing is a classy touch... :)

I ordered a few parts from Oxycheq, and it's all high quality, production-grade stuff. Stuff like the reflector/goodman parts are more or less interchangeable with Salvo/Halcyon HID parts too.

I had a really hard time trying to get the reflector bowl into the reflector body, eventually had to sand down the edge of the bowl a few fractions of a millimeter to get it to fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom