Owner serviced regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait a minute. Is that how you really spell dyslexia? You mean I've been spelling it wrong this whole time?
At least you're not spelling it backwards!

Oh. I thought it was dilsexia in Spanish and dylsexia in English.

Probably not good to service your own regs with dislexia... LSD, LDS... lol!!!

The best mechanic / technician I ever knew was dyslectic, he had issues reading a manual, but he was the best troubleshooter I've ever seen. He just looked at a problem differently than everyone else. Everyone called him when they were stumped, and he solved it.

The best mechanic / technician I ever knew was dyslectic, he had issues reading a manual, but he was the best troubleshooter I've ever seen. He just looked at a problem differently than everyone else. Everyone called him when they were stumped, and he solved it.
I can confirm.
One of my two son is dyslexic. The most brilliant guy I have seen. He always surprise us with his crazy ideas and new ways of solving problems.
He had big problems at school, to the point he was close to giving up.
But he managed to finish high school (costing him a very large effort), and then he had his revenge at university. In 3 years sharp he got his degree in biology. In other 2 years he got the magistral degree in biotechnolgy, spending the second year at the Max Planck insitute, in Germany.
He is now starting a PhD in genomics.
Dislexy can be very problematic at school, but turns back in a big advantage for many professions, where their ability to think in a different way and to manipulate the world spatially becomes advantageous.

Wait a minute. Is that how you really spell dyslexia? You mean I've been spelling it wrong this whole time?

Oh, dang... Dyslexia... haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom