Owner serviced regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cdncoldwater

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've read that Dive Rite isn't making their manuals available anymore to the public. I'm new to servicing regulators (about 1 year) through a LSD. As a diver, what regulators can I buy kits for and find specifications to rebuild without needing a LSD att attachment for parts? I like the idea of servicing my own gear and luckily have some formal training but if I move or lord forbid my LSD closes what brands can I do for myself?

deep 6 and the vintage ones supported by vintage double hose

although if you are willing to go through the hoops of sourcing service kits and getting the right tools, you can theoretically service any brand of reg yourself

I own vintage Scubapro regs: MK5, MK10, 109, 156.
Service kits easily available at Vintage Double Hose and on Ebay, service manuals are online, and for single parts
just ask to @buddhasummer ...

I've read that Dive Rite isn't making their manuals available anymore to the public. I'm new to servicing regulators (about 1 year) through a LSD. As a diver, what regulators can I buy kits for and find specifications to rebuild without needing a LSD att attachment for parts? I like the idea of servicing my own gear and luckily have some formal training but if I move or lord forbid my LSD closes what brands can I do for myself?

Official manufacturer support in the US is as follows
Poseidon
Deep 6
HOG

There are other older regs that you can get universal parts, but those are the only 3 brands that you can get training from and purchase parts directly from the OEM without being tied to a shop

Probably not a good idea to work on regs while on LSD.
I know, I don't do any "side work" but with the hit to the dive industry and some LSDs I just want to plan for the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom