Overnight camping trip from Caye Caulker to Blue Hole-Turneffe-Lighthouse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If between you you can produce 6 divers I can guarantee you a trip - so long as the boat is still available.

Hi all. My husband and I will be on AC Dec. 18-26 and we are interested in the camping trip as well if you need more bodies. We've dove the Blue Hole before and the other two dives but the trip itself sounds like a blast. I'll now be doing some research of my own.

Mitzi

i signed on with frenchies. they are doing an ON trip on dec 26-27. good luck guys!

As I said, I can put on a trip if there are at least 6 divers.

The maximum we can handle will

Peter we will probably be contacting you next week. I think we will do this trip if we can put it together. Don't know if we can come up with more divers, though. We'll see.

I've just seen that my post was truncated when I posted it. Unfortunately I lost internet access directly afterwards and couldn't review it. What I was writing was:-

Nr. divers = 6<8. Cost US$400 each, fully inclusive - dive/boat costs obviously, all food, all drink including alcohol (after diving is over!), all camping equipment, all park fees. No hidden charges. The only extra is nitrox 32& @ US$10/tank. Anyone not nitrox qualified can remedy that the day before the trip for US$100 plus PADI's card fee. Nitrox is highly recommended for this trip, to avoid bottom time being greatly truncated on second & subsequent dives.

Diving pattern negotiable with all the passengers, but expected to be two day dives plus a night dive on the first day, three day dives the second. A night dive will depend on weather/moon conditions. The Blue Hole will be the first dive of one of the days, unless no-one wants to do it in which case we will substitute another reef dive. This latter option would be my personal preference, as the reef dives on Lighthouse are magnificent and the Blue Hole is just a bounce dive to 130-140ft with not a lot to see.

Hi, sorry I haven't been back on this thread. As it turned out, I never made it to Belize (got hooked on Cozumel).
Would love to read trip reports of those of you who did the camping trip. How was it ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom