over vs. under hood

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OP specifically asked for people's thoughts about over vs. under. Are you saying that he shouldn't have asked, since it makes no difference?

I simply gave my "thought" that there is no right or wrong way. Is my "thought" not as valid as yours?

Am I the only one who thinks that OP answered his own question: it makes it harder to swap without a strap breaking 😂

I would rather wear over the hood but that’s because letting cold water in the hood when you are diving cold water is pretty grim as @Paul M said.

I would say if you are comfortable enough to change your mask to another one underwater then I would not be concerned about my mask getting dislodged and having to wear it under the hood. If my mask moves a bit I just readjust it. I find it easiest to wear my mask over my hood.

I would say if you are comfortable enough to change your mask to another one underwater then I would not be concerned about my mask getting dislodged and having to wear it under the hood. If my mask moves a bit I just readjust it. I find it easiest to wear my mask over my hood.
This makes sense to me - I carry a backup mask, and when worn over the hood swapping isn't a problem. - Thanks.

This makes sense to me - I carry a backup mask, and when worn over the hood swapping isn't a problem. - Thanks.

I guess, but maybe I don't understand your original issue. Was this a new mask that you had never used before, and it leaked? Or was there some damage to a previously working mask?

I guess, but maybe I don't understand your original issue. Was this a new mask that you had never used before, and it leaked? Or was there some damage to a previously working mask?
1st post, 1st sentance :wink: :)
"Got a new mask recently (bifocal :confused:), and on its first dive it was leaking horribly."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom