Outer Banks summer vacation options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nothing wrong with Morehead City, but when boats from there run 4+ hours to dive off of Hatteras, has to make you go HMMM.

This is in no way a slam on MHC/Beaufort, been there plenty, dove with everyone there except Diver Down, who gets high marks from Capt. JT & Olympus dive center , who Drewski raves about.

But if I was taking a family vacation it would be Hatteras.

The only thing that I dont like about Morehead city is the 3+ hours of boat ride one way to do a 2 tank dive. The diving is marvelous if only the boat rides were shorter.

What the is average boat ride from Cape Hatteras area? Same 3 hours?

Closer to 2, but it all depends on the sites, deeper equals more time on boat.
Plus on JTs boat it is way more comfortable, customers get to sleep in the v-birth in AC, or pop a DVD in the big flat screen & time goes quick.
JT also allows you to stay on the boat the night before dives with AC, cable TV & free Wi-Fi, no hotel or long early morning ride, which I have done in Hatteras & Morehead.
If you have never dove with JT you should try, we do some deep stuff, but 98% of his trips are rec. in nature.

Closer to 2, but it all depends on the sites, deeper equals more time on boat.
Plus on JTs boat it is way more comfortable, customers get to sleep in the v-birth in AC, or pop a DVD in the big flat screen & time goes quick.
JT also allows you to stay on the boat the night before dives with AC, cable TV & free Wi-Fi, no hotel or long early morning ride, which I have done in Hatteras & Morehead.
If you have never dove with JT you should try, we do some deep stuff, but 98% of his trips are rec. in nature.

Since you are from VA beach, next time when you head there Id love to join you. Im in Northern VA. Not too far.

Ok, note to anyone: If you are fond of your ear lobes and a trigger swims up to your mask, do not turn your face away!!

That video made the hair on the back of my neck stand up...Thanks Andy

They have a nasty bite and they aren't afraid to bite!

If you are fond of your ear lobes and a trigger swims up to your mask, do not turn your face away!!

That gentle fish is so misunderstood, LOL! Capt. James, you just need to understand that when you carry only a camera and not a gun, they don't get pissed, LOL!

Speaking of Tortuga, here's my favorite Morehead operator in action...

[vimeo]12285406[/vimeo]

Enjoy!

Speaking of Tortuga, here's my favorite Morehead operator in action...

[vimeo]12285406[/vimeo]

Enjoy!

I agree, Ken is my #1 choice for the MHC area.:D
But I am biased & prefer the 6-pack operation.:cool2:
I mean what's not to like, you get that personal touch, easy to find 5 other divers who can do the dives you want to do.
Pick your own leave time, plus I have to say that our trip to the Atlas was my favorite time in MHC.
Too bad our video guy was off his game that weekend.:rofl3::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom