Our World Underwater 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

amphibjg

New
Reaction score
# of dives
The stage is set for the 2013 Our World-Underwater! The film festivals are complete. Think of them as Freshwater Friday and Saltwater Saturday. I think they may be the best film festivals we have ever produced, but in the end you will be the judge of that. However for you to decide that fact, you must attend the Show so get your tickets now before Early-Bird Ticket sales end and the prices go up.
Friday Film Festival
In years past, the Friday Night Film Festival has played "second fiddle" to the Saturday Night Film Fest. That changes this year as we have got some great footage for you. The Friday Night Film Fest will focus on shipwrecks and freshwater. It will feature the work of famed Midwest shipwreck hunters David Trotter (Vanishing Points) andValerie van Heest (Gone Missing). Noted husband and wife videographers Jim & Pat Stayer will offer a piece on the famed 1913 Great Lakes Storm that cost the lives of over 270 people. Ross Richardson will detail his discovery of the Westmoreland which eluded wreck hunters for over 150 years. Clive Cussler associate Ralph Wilbanks will present NUMA's finding and recovery of the famed civil war submarine H.L. Hunley. Additionally we will see some great footage from Great Lakes divers Kathy Johnson & Greg Lashbrookand a surprise from Finland. All in all, it will be a great show.
Saturday Film Festival
This year's Saturday Night Film Fest should not be missed. Emceed by award winning producer and director Paul Cater Deaton, who will astound you with his piece Fins of the Masters, this show will feature the work of pioneering underwater explorer and filmmaker Jill Heinerth. Jill, who is also our 2013 OW-U Outstanding Achievement Award Winner, will debut her new work We Are Water. Famed underwater photographer Ernie Brooks is returning as is BBC Wildlife Magazine's Video Filmmaker of the Year Leandro Blanco, who will thrill you with his piece The Beast is Dead. Also returning are Richard Morris (Alien Banquet), Bill Fisher & Joe Romeiro (Legacy), Nancy McGee (Forgotten Islands), Michael Salvarezza & Christopher Weaver (It Came from the Muck) and Danielle Alary & Michel Gilbert(It Takes a Dream and Wink).

We also have a big surprise that I can't say more about other than "you won't want to miss it" and I can guarantee you that it will be something that you will be talking about with your dive buddies for years "I was there when...."
Saturday's Meet & Greet
As divers, we all have 'Diving Legends' we would love to meet and talk to. Well we at OW-U have developed just the plan to make that happen. New for 2013 is our Presenter Meet & Greet. Saturday night before the film festival we are inviting ALL our 2013 presenters to a social get together and you are invited to join us for cocktails and comradeship. The cost is $50.00 per person which includes 2-drinks, snacks and early seating at the Saturday Night Film Festival. You can buy your tickets > Here
Order Tickets

Early-Bird Ticket Weekend Pass Sales End December 15, 2012.

Early-Bird Price: $65.00
List Price: $80.00

BUY NOW
Hope to see you at the Show

Anyone know if Zeagle, Dive Rite, or Mares are doing service seminars at OWU in February?

My wife and I will be attending, looking forward to it. We've been diving together for 19 years, we look forward to the film festival, it's the highlight of the show.

I'm really glad - and honored - to have my SEALAB presentation included among the seminars next month at Our World - Underwater in Chicago. It's always a blast to share some rare audio and video clips and touch on some of the highlights from my book. And I'll be in exceptional company, as you can see on the seminar schedule. Looking forward to it . . .and hope to see you there.

We'll be there! Looking forward to it!

For any of you old salts from Chicago, a native daughter is "coming home" for the show.

Patty Grier will likely be found near the CocoView Booth.

I'll be making a couple of 45 minute presentations at OWU this coming weekend: both on Sunday afternoon.

The Future of Rebreathers at 14:30 in room 45

Recreational Rebreathers: diving and training at 15:15 in room 44.

Hope to see some of you there.

I'll be up on Sunday at 1:45 in room #44. Your trip to paradise, a survival guide.

Here are some pix I shot today.

Patty Grier (formerly of Chicago, owner of Dockside Dive Center in Roatan) up from the island with Elizabeth (owner of Coco View)

securedownload-9.jpeg

Karina Erickson and her dive buddy, Scuba Barbie

photo2.jpg

Hi all - Just a quick shoutout at admittedly the very last minute. Tomorrow, Sunday, Feb 17th sis the last day for OWU in Chicago. In spite of the very late notice, I hope that perhaps some folks who were otherwise unaware may be able to come by.

I dropped by the ScubaBoard booth and was quite happy to meet NetDoc whose postings I've read with great interest and learned much from. Plus they have Butterfingers and Swedish Fish.

Hope to see you there!

-Joseph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom