Our planned encounter this weekend with a giant catfish in a private pond

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, and I whine about 30 foot vis....All y'all are hard core.

Be prepared for some ridicule for diving in a pond. I went diving in our family fish pond and my grandfather told my mom who was watching me that "I was her son and a little crazy for diving in a pond." Anyway it was a nice place to start diving in nearly zero viz.

Crawl79:
Be prepared for some ridicule for diving in a pond.

I was diving--why would anyone in their right mind ridicule me????:confused: Unless they want me to try to cart them off to the mental hospital where they can get some help, they will keep quiet!!!

Diving in a pond with zero vis is better than almost anyday at work! The water temp was very nice and there was a certain thrill that something might come up out of the murk at me!!!!

In fact, I got stuck coming into work this morning. All the rest of the office crew are off for the holiday. This very time yesterday I was in the muddy milky water. If I could trade places at this very moment, I would in a heartbeat!!!
:10:

leah:
I was diving--why would anyone in their right mind ridicule me????:confused:

Yea, we have some real nice ponds up here that are handy when the ocean is angry. Visibility is often on par with the best ocean days, sometimes better. Fish, turtles, eels, plants and more historical stuff to find.

Pete

Leah you sound like the opposite of my girlfriend. She's not a big fan of catfish...:11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom