Otters At Orange Grove Sink

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I finally downloaded and edited some video I shot at OG early one cold, empty, weekday morning a few weeks ago.

Very cool. We see them in the river at our house frequently.

Very cool, one of these I will see the otters.

Bird told me a story about taking a student up P1 and all of the sudden at Pothole the student went crazy just shining the light everywhere. It took him a moment to see the otter that the student was tracking with his light.

Very cool, one of these I will see the otters.

Bird told me a story about taking a student up P1 and all of the sudden at Pothole the student went crazy just shining the light everywhere. It took him a moment to see the otter that the student was tracking with his light.
Even though otters are very cute and interested in everything, they are very dangerous. They have very sharp claws and teeth. They are known to be playful and then just snap and things change quickly. I have worked with otters a few times and anyone that works with them regularly uses tons of caution. So I always recommend people not engage with them.
That was a general fyi, and not directed at you. Just used your quote as a jumping off point for a comment. I've seen a couple divers trying to chase after them in peacock.

So you're saying it would be inadvisable to put a fish in my drysuit pocket?

Even though otters are very cute and interested in everything, they are very dangerous. They have very sharp claws and teeth. They are known to be playful and then just snap and things change quickly. I have worked with otters a few times and anyone that works with them regularly uses tons of caution. So I always recommend people not engage with them.
That was a general fyi, and not directed at you. Just used your quote as a jumping off point for a comment. I've seen a couple divers trying to chase after them in peacock.
In other words, we otter be careful.

yes, yes otters are very dangerous; we should all do shark dives instead, right? :yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom