Gopro Quik videos not visible on my android phone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Herculin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I just got a Gopro 11 to replace my Yi 4K.

Leaving right now in Ramstein (Germany) I cannot get in to the water with it to properly test it, so I made some few seconds shots to check how it works and the differences with the many options of resolution frames per second and so on.

As I'm planning to subscribe to the gopro cloud I made a test passing the video to the phone, tis was fine, the process is relatively fast and super easy. The problem I found then, is that my android 10 phone (I know its a bit old, but it works great for me) seems to be not able to reproduce 5k videos. I don't know if its a problem of android, my Xiaomi phone or some missing CODEC/app that I should install.

Any one with the same trouble that was able to solve it.

My initial idea is to shot in 5,3k/60 16:9 and 4k/120 16:9 may be some super fast action shots at 2,7K/240.

I'm using Da Vinci resolve for editing and I was forced to move to the Studio version (not too expensive I think) so I can process this images. The free edition is not able to manage that resolutions/frame rate.

Additionally I was planning the my wife will be playing with some shorts in his phone and create simple videos and share with the family and friends. But not being able to even reproduce them is a problem.

Also makes me to reconsider the Gopro Cloud subscription, I don't know if I can upload there my content once edited with Da Vinci or the only way to do it is using the phone????

Thanks for your help
Regards from Ramstein

Hi,

Just a little clarification to my question.

I have seen in the Gopro website that you can use the Pc to upload your material, doest it include other viedos not taken with your Gopro (another Gopor, another different brand camera)?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom