Other than Panglao diving places in Bohol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haiawata

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi fellow divers. I like Philippines, been there many times, and am considering including Bohol in my trip this Summer. Does anybody know other than Panglao places on Bohol to dive for a week? I like Panglao but it became to crowded in recent years. What I am looking for: good reefs, not so crowded, relatively comfortable lodging, reasonably good dive shop.

all advices are appreciated.
Happy Bubbles
Haiawata

Anda

Panglao is well over developed. I can still remember what it was like back in 1997. SHAME.

Sogod Bay in Southern Leyte is another consideration. Definitely not crowed, good diving and good operator(only a handful few). Nearest airport is Tacloban. But there is ferry from Cebu City to various locations on Leyte. Best arrival spot is Maasin.

There is fast ferry to Ormoc but at least 3hrs with private transfer to Sogod Bay. However, there is several daily departure to choose from

Thanks! Anda looks good. What to expect there? Mostly macro (which ironically “micro”)?
I have been diving Sogod Bay for whale sharks a year before the pandemic. Good place and diving.

Thanks! Anda looks good. What to expect there? Mostly macro (which ironically “micro”)?
I have been diving Sogod Bay for whale sharks a year before the pandemic. Good place and diving.
Never been to Anda so no idea.

Another quiet place is Sipalay in Negros. Have been there couple of times but getting there is SLOW. Situated between Bacolod and Dumaguete. Diving is good enough for me.

I spent a week in Anda in 2016 in a very nice new dive resort. I wasn’t particularly impressed by the diving at the time, I put that down to the relative lack of local knowledge of some of the guides. Another day or perhaps two we had a European guide. But a friend has been there recently and her spots were fantastic. Personally I preferred the diving at Panglao, also Dumaguete and of course Anilao and Leyte.

Went diving Anda for 4-5 days in 2016 after a week in Alona, didn't like it, repetitive reefscapes, not even colorful and little fishlife. Macro on white sand was quite poor compared to Dauin.

I far prefered Cabilao which is close to Bohol as well : 1,5hr drive from Tagbilaran + 10mn boatride. Colorful walls as well as great macro. Sanctuary dive resort is a comfortable resort to stay at, their diveshop Octopus divers is excellent, they provide tech diving as well.

Here's my report :

I spent a week in Anda in 2016 in a very nice new dive resort. I wasn’t particularly impressed by the diving at the time, I put that down to the relative lack of local knowledge of some of the guides. Another day or perhaps two we had a European guide. But a friend has been there recently and her spots were fantastic. Personally I preferred the diving at Panglao, also Dumaguete and of course Anilao and Leyte.
Thank you!
I have been to Dumaguete and Leyte but never to Anilao. How is the diving there, what to expect? Did you stay in a city or outskirts? Where to stay, what dive operations you recommend? Is there a ferry to get there from Cebu?

Went diving Anda for 4-5 days in 2016 after a week in Alona, didn't like it, repetitive reefscapes, not even colorful and little fishlife. Macro on white sand was quite poor compared to Dauin.

I far prefered Cabilao which is close to Bohol as well : 1,5hr drive from Tagbilaran + 10mn boatride. Colorful walls as well as great macro. Sanctuary dive resort is a comfortable resort to stay at, their diveshop Octopus divers is excellent, they provide tech diving as well.

Here's my report :
Thanks, Luko. I read your report, well done: informative and straightforward. I have been to Dauin and Moalboal but not to Alona and Cabilao. Will look into Cabilao. Kf you have not been to Siqujore, you may consider to visit. Accommodations are mediocre except for one big resort, food is below average, but diving is good most of the time.

Never been to Anda so no idea.

Another quiet place is Sipalay in Negros. Have been there couple of times but getting there is SLOW. Situated between Bacolod and Dumaguete. Diving is good enough for me.
Thanks, I will look into Sipalay.

I have been to Dumaguete and Leyte but never to Anilao. How is the diving there, what to expect? Did you stay in a city or outskirts? Where to stay, what dive operations you recommend? Is there a ferry to get there from Cebu?
The capital of macro in Philippines but Anilao is in Luzon.
Dive, eat and sleep in the resorts.
Too far to consider taking the ferry if there is one available.

Back
Top Bottom