other hobbies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks! we are in the pool tonight, so I'm really excited..... can't wait to be finished now so that I can start diving with my Dad!:)

Kayla:)

I say keeping my wife happy is my biggest hobbie besides Diving>:jester:

Originally posted by Kayla
O.K. One last thing before I go to bed. I was just wondering how many of you guys have other hobbies besides diving. Mine include: history, my favorite The Civil War, and school. Just thought maybe there would be an interesting hobby or two out ther some where! :)

History is a wonderful hobby Kayla, Civil War is a real interesting part of it too. One guy way back in my family lost 4 of 5 sons with the 5th Alabama Infantry in places called Harpers Ferry, Antietam, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg. Another ancestor (on the other side of my family) starved to death in Andersonville military prison. The war was quite a thing and it still fascinates me too.

Now that you're a diver you'll likely do as I did and start getting interested in maritime history. You've got a lot of cool things in your future, I hope you have a blast!

Tom

Yes, Kayla,
It's kinda llike group therapy; you put aside your differences so you can focus on the issues at hand. Then you find out that the guy who gave you such great insights is someone you would not otherwise choose to hang out with. Surprise! You like him anyway.

I enjoy reptiles (have many lizards & a passive-aggressive tortoise), rescuing birds, bike-riding, window-box gardening, bungling the Italian language, thrift-store shopping, silent films, local music scene, meditation, and listening to books on tape (so I can do housework while I "read").

What I like to do when I'm not diving (which is all too much!) is target shooting (rifle & pistol) and gardening.

Originally posted by WreckWriter

History is a wonderful hobby Kayla, Civil War is a real interesting part of it too. One guy way back in my family lost 4 of 5 sons with the 5th Alabama Infantry in places called Harpers Ferry, Antietam, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg. Another ancestor (on the other side of my family) starved to death in Andersonville military prison. The war was quite a thing and it still fascinates me too.

Now that you're a diver you'll likely do as I did and start getting interested in maritime history. You've got a lot of cool things in your future, I hope you have a blast!

Tom

WOW! Thats really interesting.... I knew that if I waited long enough I would find someone with history involving the Civil War... how did you come to find out that you had family in the war? (Or maybe it was just something passed down from other family members, im not sure) anyway, very very cool!:)

I wish they made 30 hr. days and 10 day weeks! Other passions:
1)picking my mandolin God, I love bluegrass!
2)fishing/boating
3)shooting sports
4)coaching youth football - one of the most rewarding
experiences!
5)camping at any of Florida's springs
6)custom woodworking with exotic woods

Originally posted by Kayla

WOW! Thats really interesting.... I knew that if I waited long enough I would find someone with history involving the Civil War... how did you come to find out that you had family in the war? (Or maybe it was just something passed down from other family members, im not sure) anyway, very very cool!:)

I've been doing my genealogy recently trying to find all I can before the family elders are all gone. Lots of cool things in every family tree I've found.

Tom

I too like Civil war history, my wifes great grandmother had her 100th birthday and had pictures of her uncles on horses that fought for the Union and had some stories about some that were wounded I remember one got shot in the hand at Anteitem. I also play the guitar, had one custom made for me by Del Langjans from Holland Mich. Last year I jumped out of a perfectly good airplane ( tandem) at 14500 ft. I like to shoot targets, my oldest son just joined the police force in our town and sometimes we go to the police range together. I like boating and have a small 21 ft. I/O that we have used for many trips. I rollerblade, play tennis, play golf, and I like downhill and cross country skiing. Just this March before my wife and I went to the Brac I went to Jackson Hole with my youngest son to ski. But through it all, I still like diving the best, to me it is a revealation about creation, and that is why I took up underwater photography as a hobbie.

Dive safe,
Caymaniac

My dad is an officer too, so I get to go to the range once and awhile. Its pretty fun, I enjoy it! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom