Other Bonaire Activities ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NightRaven77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ok....

So we are scubadiving all week long....and doing a mangrove kayak trip on the Friday before we leave...

We were thinking about diving all morning and leaving our afternoons open for other things....

Any activities that are a Must-Do that you think it pretty cool to do.. ?

Ideas?

NR77

Lac Bay is a Bonaire landmark packed with wind surfers, there's a bar/restaurant at the edge of the bay. Watching the surfers and enjoying a cold beverage is outstanding.

Enjoy

Drive through Washington-Slagbaai Park & taking pics one afternoon with good, sunny lighting.

Visit Donkey Sanctuary; seems to be a rite of passage.

Drive up to Seru Largu for a view of a Christian monument and a panoramic view of the island, and take some photos.

Interested in Kite Boarding?

Go up to

We fished on snorkels with Lac Bay for bonefish. Best fun snorkeling I've ever had. Make sure you take a compass, the current can spin you out to sea.
We brought some hand reels and my dad got some special flies for bonefish from REI or a local fly fishing store before we went.
It was so much fun to actually see what's going on underwater when you're fishing and we caught a lot of fish.
No license needed and they're catch/release.

On our last day on our trips when we are no longer diving we love getting out to Lac Bay/Surf Place mid morning. We get some lounge chairs in the shade under the thatched roof and close to the bar/restaurant and read and relax all morning, enjoy some cold beverages and a meal. Very relaxing and absolutely beautiful. After a week of diving it is a perfect last day for us.

Visit lac bay on an afternoon and pick whichever activity appeals to you.

Saved a day for the national park... you can get your half days worth of diving in the park while seeing all the other things to see, hiking, birds, scenery etc

And seru largu, but you wont spend much time up there. theres not much to do except walking around taking in the scenery and pictures.

Definitely try your hand at wind surfing. Jibe City is great. You will hurt like crazy the next day, that is not DCS but rather your newfound muscles. They have a starters package that includes a lesson.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Check out other properties you might want to stay at on your next visit, especially during their happy hours.

If you do the Park, go early, take food and water, take the long route and stop at all the sites. Take food for the huge iguanas, DO NOT STOP AT WAYAKA II:wink:.

We ended up at the conch shell beach one time on the east side. It was a Sunday afternoon and they had music and lots of locals dancing and having a good time.

Go buy something from Yenny. She lives just south of the post office I believe, but you can't miss her house if you've ever drove by it. There are life sized stuffed looking people/animals or a combination of both on her property. She's like an artist and makes things out of trash, stuff that's washed up on shore or things people give her. She gets alot of stuff given to her after Carnival or the Regatta parade. Don't be scared, like I was the first time but Pam made me go, and take your camera, walk around her yard and look at all the stuff and animals, she has flamingos, turtles, birds etc. We always buy something from her, a painted tile, or painted stone, or tell her what you want and she'll make it. She's usually sitting on the front porch working on something.

Drive around town off the beaten path, we've found many small grocery stores, shopping stores, etc. We ended up at a little Chinese bar restaurant one nite that had a couple pool tables and spent the evening there playing pool with locals, having supper,etc.

Last edited:
Leo at Bonphoto took us on a cave snorkeling tour. It was very cool and we highly recommend if you have time! We also did the mangrove kayak tour. That was also worth doing.

There is also a 1/2 day horse back riding option that you can do.
My kids have done several times - I on the other hand don't want to hurt that bad the next day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom