Oronogo Dates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingCRNA

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have the following dates available this summer to run out to Oronogo, if anyone is looking for a buddy to dive out there:

May 19 and 20
June 9 and 10
Maybe June 30/July 1
July 7 and 8
July 28
September 1 and 2
September 8
September 22 and 23

Some October and November dates too. I am usually a lock for new years day.

I can show you the cabin cruiser, the four doors, the airplane, the air cave and just dive in Blue water lake. I am cavern certified and am familiar with the 4 doors cavern zone. I will be finishing up rescue diver Father's Day Weekend.

Would love to dive more, drop me a pm!

plot:
you get cavern certified at oronogo?

For my cavern cert I did dives at Bennett Springs (10 miles north of Lebanon). I know people who also do the cavern course at Roubidoux. I do not think that John teaches cavern at Oronogo.

There are divable caverns at Oronogo. The tops of the caverns are at about 70 feet and the deepest is a little over 90 feet. The depth makes planning even more critical because it is easy to get a long way from the surface when you go in at that depth, but I have dove the 4 doors cavern zone many times.

If you want to dive with me out there, we do not have to do the caverns if you do not want to or feel uncomfortable. Anyone can call any dive, at any time, for any reason.

DivingCRNA:
I have the following dates available this summer to run out to Oronogo, if anyone is looking for a buddy to dive out there:

May 19 and 20
June 9 and 10
Maybe June 30/July 1
July 7 and 8
July 28
September 1 and 2
September 8
September 22 and 23

Some October and November dates too. I am usually a lock for new years day.

I can show you the cabin cruiser, the four doors, the airplane, the air cave and just dive in Blue water lake. I am cavern certified and am familiar with the 4 doors cavern zone. I will be finishing up rescue diver Father's Day Weekend.

Would love to dive more, drop me a pm!

Add July 21-22
August 4
October 6
October 27 and 28
November 17 and 18

If my warmer gear gets here by then, I might join you on Aug 4th. Still just OW certified, so I'd want to stay at the shallower end of the pool. Shar and I did our Nitrox and peak performance this past weekend. Will do deep as soon as time permits. We'll be back in touch before the 4th.

WaltnShar:
If my warmer gear gets here by then, I might join you on Aug 4th. Still just OW certified, so I'd want to stay at the shallower end of the pool. Shar and I did our Nitrox and peak performance this past weekend. Will do deep as soon as time permits. We'll be back in touch before the 4th.

Sounds cool. I have yet to check out the car pile. I think it is fairly shallow, and there is the airplane and such, as well. We could do whatever you are comfortable with. Most stuff will be at least 40 feet, if that is OK.

Later.

Depth has not been our problem... cold has. Shar is only having a slight problem clearing her ears, but believe it or not, the hood actually helped, despite all the comments to the contrary.

WaltnShar:
Depth has not been our problem... cold has. Shar is only having a slight problem clearing her ears, but believe it or not, the hood actually helped, despite all the comments to the contrary.

I nearly always wear a hood now. Not because of clearing problems, but because I get vertigo in cold water without it.

Keep in mind-below 25 feet Oronogo gets to what most folks consider cold.

It looks like my wife and I are going up on the 28th. We're heading up to Neosho for my 20th highschool reunion, so we are going to swing up to Oronogo Saturday.

How do we find you once we get there?

Kunk35:
It looks like my wife and I are going up on the 28th. We're heading up to Neosho for my 20th highschool reunion, so we are going to swing up to Oronogo Saturday.

How do we find you once we get there?

Well, I will be there with Darkwolf from Nevada, Mo :) It is actually easy to find folks there because there is only one way to the water and it is not a very busy place.

I drive a Grey GMC Seirra Z71.

We have a dive plane that includes the Cabin Cruiser (which is probably at 110' now).

We have not set a time, but I would like to bet there are opening (9 am) because the vis is best in teh morning and suiting up is more pleasant before the sun starts to beat on you.

PM me and we will get it squared away.

Back
Top Bottom